My Pet Memorial

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it has been a few weeks of the “pet free” life for me. I still feel like I am in a funk or having a bad dream. My arms still ache for my lost kitties. I am in no way even thinking of a new one at this point.

I have wonderful friends who sent me floral arrangements after each of my three passed this last year. I saved and dried flowers from each arrangement. Yesterday I arranged the saved blooms, and crafted a little memorial, where, ironically, my kitties’ litter cabinet used to rest. It is in my foyer, so I see it many times a day.

I have Ziggy, Brillo and Sheba (all siblings) stacked together in the wooden urns. Felix’s framed paw print and his tiny blue urn is beside them. His white plastic urn is still there, waiting for the time when scattering feels right. The small metal dog is in remembrance of the dogs I have owned and lost. Bonnie, my first and most precious girl, Cleo my rescued greyhound, and Katie and Sally, who both passed five years ago.

Anyway, just thought I would share with those who understand. Thanks for reading, and thanks for all of the support you have shown me.

C
A0FADD68-EEE7-4F9C-BF4D-AE46021C1518.jpeg

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is truly such a beautiful memorial shrine. My heart swells, and both aches at seeing such a honorable place for those fur babies you had who are now over the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure they are smiling so big, and jumping with glee seeing what you have made for them. From one friend to another, you did more than an amazing job. I am so sorry for your losses, sending you love and healing energy. Some days I still feel like I'm suck in a funk without my chunky boy, and my flower petal. I hear you, I understand your pain.

To the next time you meet again, in The Great Beyond, where there is only sunshine and rainbows. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to Those Who Went Before. I am sure they are thrilled that you remember them with love in such a gentle, peaceful way.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful memorial! To be remembered and loved after death is a great honor, one we all hope to have. You give them honor and keep their treasured memories safe in your soul. They all live on through you now, connected to you through the bonds of love. They are there for you, sending their love for eternity......