My outdoor cat is still in my neighborhood but won’t come home. Please help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats, even ones accustomed to being in, are masters at finding warm spots. Cupid, barring subzero temps and FEET of snow, will almost certainly be fine. He'll find a small, protected spot, and warm it with his own body heat. Cats are good about that.

Cats see far better in the dark than we do, and their color sense is muted, anyway. Cupid will SMELL you, that's the main thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats, even ones accustomed to being in, are masters at finding warm spots. Cupid, barring subzero temps and FEET of snow, will almost certainly be fine. He'll find a small, protected spot, and warm it with his own body heat. Cats are good about that.

Cats see far better in the dark than we do, and their color sense is muted, anyway. Cupid will SMELL you, that's the main thing.
Ok. What’s the best way to get him to smell me, if there even is one?

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I’ve made a Nextdoor post about Cupid. So now more people know to be the lookout. While scrolling through Google about this stuff I found a site called Lostmykitty, anyone know if it’s legit? That’s really all for now. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be practicing for the Fortnite x Marvel Tournament tomorrow. Top 500 teams in NA East get Ghost Rider for free and early, so I’m taking the opportunity. Thanks.

Attachments

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. Cupid has been on my mind nonstop recently. I’m getting desperate. I don’t know what else I can do. I need him home. I owe too much to him.

I used to be a real fragile and emotional kid, but when we got Cupid, I moved on from most of the things that made me that way.

I’m going to be designing a poster and putting it up around the neighborhood. I made another thread asking about this, but I want some more confirmation. Is PawBoost something I should trust? I know most sites like it pray on people’s desire to have their pet home, and I want to know if this is that kind of thing.

I need him back. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I want things like this to happen again. Sure, I have a lot to look forward to, like the Xbox Series X launch on Tuesday and the Battle Against Galactus Event in Fortnite, but none of them are as good as having Cupid with me. Thank you.

Attachments

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. Cupid has been on my mind nonstop recently. I’m getting desperate. I don’t know what else I can do. I need him home. I owe too much to him.

I used to be a real fragile and emotional kid, but when we got Cupid, I moved on from most of the things that made me that way.

I’m going to be designing a poster and putting it up around the neighborhood. I made another thread asking about this, but I want some more confirmation. Is PawBoost something I should trust? I know most sites like it pray on people’s desire to have their pet home, and I want to know if this is that kind of thing.

I need him back. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I want things like this to happen again. Sure, I have a lot to look forward to, like the Xbox Series X launch on Tuesday and the Battle Against Galactus Event in Fortnite, but none of them are as good as having Cupid with me. Thank you.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. My cat was gone for 5 whole months without a trace. I got some crazy leads that had me on a wild goose chase. I also got calls from scammers who wanted to make a buck off of my desperation to find my cat. I also got calls from sick people who were playing games. Please let your parents, weed through any leads/communications that come in. Do not respond to any yourself. There are alot of not so nice people out there who will take advantage of your desperation to find your cat.

I have never used Pawboost. I know two people who had good experience with Pet Amber Alert. One was reunited with her dog 3 days after he went missing, the other was reunited with her cat 2 weeks after she disappeared. I went to the BBB (the Better Business Bureau) and saw PawBoost had 3 complaints in the last 3 years of which 2 were resolved. Problems ranged from not being able to repost a pet poster to not being able to delete account and not being able unsubscribe to emails. Pawboost home base is in Raleigh, North Carolina. I stumbled upon a website called App Groove and their was a lot of complaints about it with reviews saying the app had alot of flaws. If Pawboost only got 3 complaints on the BBB in a 3 year period, then that is not bad. However, it seems that Pawboost has it's fair share of problems. My feeling is it is legit but thread carefully. I hope someone can share their first hand experiences with you.

Well, I hope this help. I hope Cupid returns soon. I know how it feels to worry about a lost cat. Do not allow bad thoughts to enter your head. It only makes things worse. Stay positive. 🙂

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
You have some really good suggestions offered up above and I would take advantage of them if I were you. At this point it is all about repetition along with adding some new methods of finding Cupid. KEEP calling your shelers and local vets, KEEP asking your neighbors, KEEP going out and calling him each night, travel a little farther each time. KEEP looking in drains, sheds, and abandon houses. KEEP looking up at tress and shining your flashlights at bushes. KEEP finding new ways to get the word out along with repeating the old ways. PUT an add out in your local paper as well as any local radio stations.

Also, please, bear in mind that there are santation workers who pick up animals who have passed away. Please contact them. I don't think he is gone by any means but it will give you peace of mind to check that off your list.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you are going through this. My cat was gone for 5 whole months without a trace. I got some crazy leads that had me on a wild goose chase. I also got calls from scammers who wanted to make a buck off of my desperation to find my cat. I also got calls from sick people who were playing games. Please let your parents, weed through any leads/communications that come in. Do not respond to any yourself. There are alot of not so nice people out there who will take advantage of your desperation to find your cat.

I have never used Pawboost. I know two people who had good experience with Pet Amber Alert. One was reunited with her dog 3 days after he went missing, the other was reunited with her cat 2 weeks after she disappeared. I went to the BBB (the Better Business Bureau) and saw PawBoost had 3 complaints in the last 3 years of which 2 were resolved. Problems ranged from not being able to repost a pet poster to not being able to delete account and not being able unsubscribe to emails. Pawboost home base is in Raleigh, North Carolina. I stumbled upon a website called App Groove and their was a lot of complaints about it with reviews saying the app had alot of flaws. If Pawboost only got 3 complaints on the BBB in a 3 year period, then that is not bad. However, it seems that Pawboost has it's fair share of problems. My feeling is it is legit but thread carefully. I hope someone can share their first hand experiences with you.

Well, I hope this help. I hope Cupid returns soon. I know how it feels to worry about a lost cat. Do not allow bad thoughts to enter your head. It only makes things worse. Stay positive. 🙂
Alright, I’ll look into Pet Amber Alert. And thanks. I’m pretty sure he’ll be with us again soon. Fortnite and Hyperscape have been great distractions in the meantime.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have some really good suggestions offered up above and I would take advantage of them if I were you. At this point it is all about repetition along with adding some new methods of finding Cupid. KEEP calling your shelers and local vets, KEEP asking your neighbors, KEEP going out and calling him each night, travel a little farther each time. KEEP looking in drains, sheds, and abandon houses. KEEP looking up at tress and shining your flashlights at bushes. KEEP finding new ways to get the word out along with repeating the old ways. PUT an add out in your local paper as well as any local radio stations.

Also, please, bear in mind that there are santation workers who pick up animals who have passed away. Please contact them. I don't think he is gone by any means but it will give you peace of mind to check that off your list.
Ok thanks. I don’t think he’s gone either, he’s the last cat I’d expect to die in a way that wasn’t natural causes or being put down.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m thinking about putting up a PawBoost for Cupid. Pet Amber Alert costs a whole lot and I don’t know if they’re credible. Should I put a PawBoost up? I just need him again.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you (or your parents) contact the microchip company? They usually have their own notification system.
What do you mean by notification system? The microchip doesn’t have a tracker.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
I miss him so much. I need to have him home. He’s gotta come back. I love him like a brother. When he’s gone a part of me is gone too.

My parents refuse to do more. This is going to sound like the most “14 year old kid doesn’t like what his parents said” thing of all time but it’s true. I’ve told them to call shelters and stuff daily but they won’t because “If they found him, they’d call us”. They have said this same thing ever since he’s been gone. “The longer he’s gone, the less likely it is he’ll come back”. When from every case I’ve seen here, that is not at all the case.

I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I just need him back with me. I need my emotional support pal. I need my best friend...

Attachments

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The only things I can offer you are my thoughts and prayers. :alright::vibes:
Hang in there. I
I miss him so much. I need to have him home. He’s gotta come back. I love him like a brother. When he’s gone a part of me is gone too.

My parents refuse to do more. This is going to sound like the most “14 year old kid doesn’t like what his parents said” thing of all time but it’s true. I’ve told them to call shelters and stuff daily but they won’t because “If they found him, they’d call us”. They have said this same thing ever since he’s been gone. “The longer he’s gone, the less likely it is he’ll come back”. When from every case I’ve seen here, that is not at all the case.

I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I just need him back with me. I need my emotional support pal. I need
Hang in there. I was down in the dumps when my cat went missing. I just about given up when he came back 5 months later. Keep hope alive in your heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. :heartshape:

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me and my parents had a big argument over this whole thing. They’re in the mentality of “The most likely scenario is that he won’t come back”, while I’m going off of logic, and knowing he’s more than likely ok. They cannot be swayed otherwise. I’m still having faith. I know he’ll more likely than not be ok and come back. They’re saying it’s time to move on, even though he’s probably fine. It really feels like I’m the only one taking active measures to bring him home.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The microchip doesn't have a tracking system, no, but when they read it, they send the number to the company, and if your information is updated, they will notify the organization that scanned the chip how to contact you.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise

I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I just need him back with me. I need my emotional support pal. I need my best friend...
Are you able to call these places yourself?

Alternatively, if you have or are able/allowed to make a Facebook account just for this, you can contact most shelters and rescues directly through there via chat. If you’re able to do this, it will also allow you to post on your local lost and found pets page (just search you town/city/county + “lost and found pets” and see what comes up).

Alternatively, shelters and rescues usually have email too that you can find on their official websites.

Also PawBoost, LostMyKitty, and Pet Amber Alert are all legitimate! Please use them if you can!