My Norwegian Forest Cat??

taaay1or

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i was on here recently, trying to figure out wtheck my strange but wonderful kitty is.

disclaimer! i do NOT believe he is a purebred. i DO understand that it is just a mix. i DO think just that is super cool.

i've looked and looked and looked and looked..... and... the norwegian forest cat. my tuxedo boy, guppy, is HUGE, still growing, he gets fluffier by the day. his whiskers are getting long enough to curl at the ends, looong eyebrows. waterproof top fur coat, fur between the toes. added pics for fluff effect.

he's my BABY. i adopted him from my local shelter july '18, he'd been there for abt a month. his brother who'd come in w/ him was adopted shortly after arriving! i lived alone the first two months i had him, it was kinda just us, and it's very clear that i'm his person. he's super skittish around new people, but he talks to me and purrs, he follows me e v e r y w h e r e. sleeps with me every night, and i have to spoon him to bed.
he's such a special boy. he has the softest fur of any kitty i've met, and, i've met many kitties. i've raised neonatal kitties and socialized ferals and given stray mamas milk-canned food-smoothies, tnr'ed, the works. i've met a lot of kitties.
guppy's just, something else. and when i learnt of the wegie's, i just felt like i finally figured it out! i feel like i know who my boy is!!! and i want some validation, and some tips on those royal highness typa felines.

extra pics for reference, and bc he's cute:
all comments appreciated :-)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is adorable! I would describe him as a black and white bicolor Domestic Longhair. I’m not seeing Norwegian Forest Cat in him; NFCs are quite a bit fluffier, and they have a more triangular head. He is really cute, for sure!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guppy is beautiful! I would also describe him as a black and white domestic longhair. I'm not seeing Norwegian Forest Cat influence in him; that is a very rare breed in the US, with only a few hundred kittens born each year. There is tremendous variety in the domestic cat gene pool, and it's normal to see cats of all physical sizes, coat types and textures, and behavioral characteristics. Most cats are not any particular breed or a mix of breeds. Enjoy his uniqueness! :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree he is absolutely adorable and I love his name too, but not NFC. lutece lutece explains it best!