My Newborn Cats Eye Is Crusty Help!/other Kitten Issues

Mother_Superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just noticed his eye is crusty all the other are perfectly fine!
20180606_094128.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, get a warmish, dampish smooth (not rough or nubby) cloth and hold it on the crust to see if you can get that crust to become a bit more goopy, then gently, gently wipe it.
It may take more than one round of dampening and wiping.
You're right to be concerned, gooped closed eyes can end up a real problem for kittens.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, use a warm damp cloth and soak it to soften the crust, then wipe it away. Do this until the eye opens. Then continue wiping it often to keep it clean and clear.

Ask your vet for a tube of terramycin ointment, then smear it across the eye 2-3 times a day. It will clear the infection quickly.

A closed, infected eye is not good. It can lead to blindness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother_Superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree, use a warm damp cloth and soak it to soften the crust, then wipe it away. Do this until the eye opens. Then continue wiping it often to keep it clean and clear.

Ask your vet for a tube of terramycin ointment, then smear it across the eye 2-3 times a day. It will clear the infection quickly.

A closed, infected eye is not good. It can lead to blindness.
I've cleaned his eye twice today , the first time alot of pus started shooting at ut from his eye as I cleaned it. The second time just a little bit came out with also half of his eye opening.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother_Superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens have come out fine but this ones got a hard thing on his belly can anyone tell me what this is?
20180619_002233.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like it may be a hernia. A vet can fix it when the kitten is spayed or neutered soon. You should get it looked at by a vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say, the umbilical cord could have gotten removed too soon, some infection may have set in. Take that picture and a couple more into your vet and see what they say. They could at least tell you the kitten needs to be seen. Or they might tell you it is normal. All the luck!