Purraise
what a gorgeous puppy!!!!!!!
congradulations!!!! I hope ya'll enjoy many wonderful years together

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too...... She is going through some sort of growth spurt right now. She is all legs....

It won't be long before she is taller than her big sisters... She already gives them a run for their money when playing. She holds her own. They are teaching her how to be a watch dog too...

Mostly though, she eats, plays hard and then naps....
I can't even imagine how big she is going to get.. Her mom dog, the bullmastiff weighed about 100 lbs. She was small for her breed. Her dad dog weighes around 130. So it is just hard to say.

I changed their food to Iams yesterday and bought 40lbs. I had been feeding all of them Maximum but Walmart keeps running out of the 20lb bags and I refuse to feed her/them a food whose main ingredient is corn. They go though 40lbs in a little more than two weeks. I just got the Iams last night and Blossom likes it. I haven't given it to the other dogs yet but I'm sure they will like it.

signing off,
Picasso

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is totally recovered from her snake bite........ She is sleepy in these and resting..... she just had her bath.......

And still growing like a weed. She also prefers being in the house with us. We are making her a pallet by our bed at night right now.. And after three days of this, she expects it now....! She is a people dog. I have been reading about bullmastiffs and it said they overheat easily because of their short muzzle. So she is really getting spoiled staying in the air conditioner with us and she loves it! But even though she is big, she is still just a puppy and needs her people and contact with us. She is a good dog...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a Fruitloop ..

After she slept for 3 hrs or so, she went outside....... She is the funniest thign I have ever seen........

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a serious note, she was not stretching. She was just laying there like that. I took this through the back door...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been working on her STAY command when in the sit position. I have her sit and keep her attention and stretch the lead out and say sit while I hold my hand up in front of her. I can back up 10' and have her stay in that position for about 15 seconds. I can do that consistantly with her 3 times and then her attention span is off somewhere in the woods.... But she is working on it daily. She leads great and sits great...... But like all pups, her attention span is short.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's all my happy girls playing........... Actually they had all just finished wrestling. At this point, they were watching the woods. See Emma's scruff up. She is guarding her yards... Molly is barking. Blossom was helping...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awww she is such a cutie ( be it a BIG cutie)

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW... she's going to be a BIG girl... she is ADORABLE! Congrats!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom is huge..... There is no other way to describe her. She is bigger than my other girls. Molly weighs 100 lbs and Emma is around 90. We can't pick Blossom up anymore so I have no idea what she weighs. She is about 10" taller than Emma... And about 5" taller than Molly.

On the 13th, she was 9 months old. She is still a young pup... I am going to wait till she is a yr old before we get her fixed... I want her to grow some more first... When I look at her, I definately see the bull mastiff in her but not the great pyrenees dad. She definately has bulk in her build. Sturdy and tall.

She is smart as a whip and by my side all the time. She is an excellent watch dog and great with all the cats. Well, I say she is a watch dog but that is only as long as her "friends are around her". I walked her to the a lot a few acres away where some people are building a little shack and they had a dog that barked and her and Emma ran like heck. It scared them so bad. Blossom ran to the end of the road and then she stopped like "what am I doing?".... She turned around to growl and I made her go on home. She is so funny.... And I think she is just beautiful!! She is my baby..

You can see how much bigger she is than Emma.... And Emma is not a little dog by any means. Blossom makes her look little however. Emma is such a good dog and is so smart. She teaches Blossom many good things. They have a lot of the same mannerisms which is nice. Emma is getting old and grey around the muzzle but I suspect she will still be around for quite a few more years. She is a very healthy dog. They all are... But Blossom has a good friend/teacher in Emma..

She is interested in everything. We are working so much I worry about her getting socialized. She has a huge head and jowls... She is going through growth stages. She'll get tall and skinny and then she gains weight. Then she gets tall and skinny again and then gains some more weight. She is a very very big girl....... She is solid, strong, and hard as a rock. She is not afraid of anything in her environment. But she has not seen any dogs since we have had her but that one time. And very few people. But she is well behaved. And non skittish. She is a very good dog and basically calm most of the time. She listens, watches and learns..

These pics are taken this morning. It was 22 degrees last night and I could not leave them out in spite of a nice hayed dog house with a tarped porch. Much too cold. I had put them an old sarape down to lay on but the cats took it over last night. That's Angie in the picture. She is a spoiled little kitty who alternates from being a dog or a human. But she is not a cat...

I am working two jobs right now saving money to finish our cat enclosure and to increase the size of the dog yard by an acre or so. It will take a few months to save up. We also used part of the extra money to winterize our tires. So I won't be on here very much. I don't have a lot of spare time and 4 days a week I am working 18 hrs.. Sun is my only day off and I use it for "catching up on sleep". Wed and Sat I only work 8 hrs. But mon, tues, thurs and fri........it's rough. I leave the house at 4:45am and get home at 1am. But it will all be worth it when we get all the work done. I told Juan I would rather him stay home and me work the extra job because as we buy the things to do the work, he can do it... I can't build fences too well... So right now, he is the caregiver for our critters and he is doing a wonderful job. I am so proud of him.

All the cats are doing wonderful. Jimmy is strickly an inside cat now. He hates the cold and sits in the room with us all the time waiting for handouts. Flower is fat as a tick. And all the others are doing great. Everyone is healthy and strong...

Now off to vacuum.......... hehe

Jenn

p.s. Is there any kind of market for pet hair? I could make a fortune....

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness Jenn, you weren't kidding when you said she'd grown!
She's just beautiful.
I'm so glad that you, Juan and all the furkids are doing well.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We took the dogs walking to the top of the mountain behind our house. Here's Blossom's latest. She is slightly over 100 lbs and was 10 months old on Jan 13th...

She is a good good dog.... She is the calmest puppy I have ever seen. She has always been calm. She likes pleasing us... She is very well behaved. She ran and ripped around on this mountain top and had a blast. Her and Emma are best friends...

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, Jenn.
Blossom is as big as a pony

She's a cutie, just love that tongue sticking out!

I love the second picture too...Juan and the girls on the mountain.
It looks like you guys have much better weather there than we're having.