My New Name Is Scar Face

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The great thing about having nine cats is that you can still laugh at people with eleven cats. Or twenty-two cats.
Laugh? Ha, you're just jealous.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 See that? That's my hand, that is.

Scratch3.jpg

Know what happened? I tried to pill a cat. Not a mountain lion or a snow shoe or anything. Just one of those cute little bob-tail things that hang around here. I had her wrapped up in a towel, but she managed to get a claw free and stab me with some bob-tail-kitty-venom.

I had to go to the ER twice and had antibiotics, a tetanus and a lecture from the doctor that began,

"Neko wa totemo kitanai doubutsu desu yo." (Cats are very dirty animals.)

It's become something of a standing joke around here now. Whenever they do anything dreadful I tell them,

"Neko was kitanai yo!"

You're not alone, my friend.

:grouphug2:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is always hard to let fosters go. But the best foster parents are the ones who love them with all their heart and advocate for any treatment they need and cry when they get adopted.

So glad to hear you have 9 cats. I am not the only one over the limit. 7 are rescues from our feeding station who did not make it to the shelter. 2 are from people who became homeless and asked if I wod take in thr cat for a month or 2. That was a year ago

One of our feral has an injured leg My husband says we should pay to take him to the vet. If I can trap him, I have a feeling he will be no. 10.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laugh? Ha, you're just jealous.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 See that? That's my hand, that is.

View attachment 248915

Know what happened? I tried to pill a cat. Not a mountain lion or a snow shoe or anything. Just one of those cute little bob-tail things that hang around here. I had her wrapped up in a towel, but she managed to get a claw free and stab me with some bob-tail-kitty-venom.

I had to go to the ER twice and had antibiotics, a tetanus and a lecture from the doctor that began,

"Neko wa totemo kitanai doubutsu desu yo." (Cats are very dirty animals.)

It's become something of a standing joke around here now. Whenever they do anything dreadful I tell them,

"Neko was kitanai yo!"

You're not alone, my friend.

:grouphug2:
OW!!! It's a good thing you got some medical attention on that hand!
I have never had it that bad, but I do know someone who did and within 24 hours a thin bluish line was traveling slowly up their arm. ER to the rescue!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My husband, is who a large, strong former Marine, was given a black eye by an 8-week-old kitten, Margaret, many years ago. I made him pose for a photo with her near his face. I told him that he could tell the guys at work that I gave him the black eye, which might be a little more dignified than saying that a kitten did it. :lol:

A couple a of weeks ago, I was "savaged" by 2 kittens. I was feeding the herd, when I accidentally trod on one's tail. He wrapped his front paws around my left left, and dug in, and bruised me in addition to the puncture wounds. When I lost my balance, another kitten got the right leg. I didn't know that until a couple hours later at work, when I looked down to see streams of dried blood!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband, is who a large, strong former Marine, was given a black eye by an 8-week-old kitten, Margaret, many years ago. I made him pose for a photo with her near his face. I told him that he could tell the guys at work that I gave him the black eye, which might be a little more dignified than saying that a kitten did it. :lol:

A couple a of weeks ago, I was "savaged" by 2 kittens. I was feeding the herd, when I accidentally trod on one's tail. He wrapped his front paws around my left left, and dug in, and bruised me in addition to the puncture wounds. When I lost my balance, another kitten got the right leg. I didn't know that until a couple hours later at work, when I looked down to see streams of dried blood!
I don't feel so bad now!!!
After class one night I was talking to an owner that has a really sweet 18 month old or so Golden Retriever. I've never owned one, but have always really liked them. After class, they were given permission to let the pup run around a bit once all the other dogs were gone/crated. She ran her little heart out, ran up to me and did a leap and kept going. I felt a sharp, minor pain in my leg and forgot about it.
Later I noticed the dried blood. Yikes! Owner felt so bad, but this dog was a pup having the time of her life. She just couldn't help herself.