My New Kitten - Without A Name!

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! Got a kitten yesterday.. Will be posting more photos of better quality soon. 8 weeks. What do you think we should name her?? She's very cute and energetic.. But also loves too cuddle! She sat in my arms for quite a few hours earlier.. I like Cheerio, but I'm still unsure about it. Suggestions appreciated, and nice to meet you guys as well!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you are into literature and mythology, I would call her Minerva.
I kinda think she is gonna become one of those cats with eyes fullbof wisdom, if you know what I mean.
I also imagine teacher Minerva Mcgonagal's animal form (from Harry Potter saga) just like your little lady is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
That seems to be a very popular name in the forum. Does it mean anything appart from the brand of bisquits?
No, my family just likes it. I'd rather name her something like Cinnamon because of the cinnamon-tone brown behind her ears.
If you are into literature and mythology, I would call her Minerva.
I kinda think she is gonna become one of those cats with eyes fullbof wisdom, if you know what I mean.
I also imagine teacher Minerva Mcgonagal's animal form (from Harry Potter saga) just like your little lady is.
I do like the name, but I was never big on Harry Potter or literature. I want to get into mythology more, though.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, my family just likes it. I'd rather name her something like Cinnamon because of the cinnamon-tone brown behind her ears.

I do like the name, but I was never big on Harry Potter or literature. I want to get into mythology more, though.
She is precious! Oreo would be a better name for a tuxedo cat, not a tabby pattern. I like Cinnamon; seems more appropriate for her "spicy" ears. In fact, "Spice" might be a good name. She has salt, pepper, cinnamon, and a sugary sweet little face.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is precious! Oreo would be a better name for a tuxedo cat, not a tabby pattern. I like Cinnamon; seems more appropriate for her "spicy" ears. In fact, "Spice" might be a good name. She has salt, pepper, cinnamon, and a sugary sweet little face.
I really like Spice! My brother doesn't, of course. I might try to persuade him of Cinnamon, though!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about if you pick your favorite name and your brother picks his favorite name. Then each of you get in the corner of a room and put the kitten in the middle. Whichever one of you she comes to first when you call her gets to "win" the name.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I started my mythology and literature obsesion when I was six, so all my pets have weird names xD
Your precious girl could also be a nice Morgana, Diana/Artemis(a) (a huntress goddess), Bastet or Selene.
Dinah (Alice in wonderland), Firestar, Buttercup (the Princess Bride), Felurian, Auri, Ahlana, Polgara, Silvara, Kittiara, Tiffany, Shandril, Arya, Thalia, Amber, Nimune and Fleur are all names of cool literary characters.
I also like Xena, Khara (Supergirl) and Buffy if you are more into TV series.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started my mythology and literature obsesion when I was six, so all my pets have weird names xD
Your precious girl could also be a nice Morgana, Diana/Artemis(a) (a huntress goddess), Bastet or Selene.
Dinah (Alice in wonderland), Firestar, Buttercup (the Princess Bride), Felurian, Auri, Ahlana, Polgara, Silvara, Kittiara, Tiffany, Shandril, Arya, Thalia, Amber, Nimune and Fleur are all names of cool literary characters.
I also like Xena, Khara (Supergirl) and Buffy if you are more into TV series.
The only names I "recognise" are Firestar from Warriors, and Artemis from Greek Mythology.. haha. I was thinking something along the lines of sweet names.. Like Pudding, or Vanilla, Wafer, etc. However, I am grateful for all your suggestions of course!

Last edited: