My new Kitten has something weird with her eye

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
20200624_100922.jpg
I found this kitten last week and we've noticed somethings wrong with her eye it seems to be like a little cloudy circle right there. I cot stuff to help eye infections but this seems to be something different. I did call for a vet appointment but that not until the 6 of July bc everything is backed up. What I am trying to say, do you guys have any Idea what it could be, and what to do?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! If it were me I'd send this photo to the vet, and ask if you can possibly get in sooner.
What you're seeing is what is called her third eyelid, and it being visible like that can sometimes indicate illness.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I agree. Try to get into the vet sooner. In the meantime, what medicine did they give you for her eyes?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the third eyelid is definitely there. But it looks quite ugly around. So the third eyelid by itself indicate an inflammation somewhere, it may even be "just" worms.

But here its quite ugly, its wet all around - pus? Eye fluid? the the shape of the eye opening is different.

So I think its something with the eyes as well...

Please do as suggested, send the pics to the vet. Even some other vet if they can give an opinion...

And begin to treat as well you can. What eye ointment did you got? Terramycin is common....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I agree. Try to get into the vet sooner. In the meantime, what medicine did they give you for her eyes?
Stuff for eye infections, it works on my cats in the past

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! If it were me I'd send this photo to the vet, and ask if you can possibly get in sooner.
What you're seeing is what is called her third eyelid, and it being visible like that can sometimes indicate illness.
I recall the vet and they set me up to come in tomorrow

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the third eyelid is definitely there. But it looks quite ugly around. So the third eyelid by itself indicate an inflammation somewhere, it may even be "just" worms.

But here its quite ugly, its wet all around - pus? Eye fluid? the the shape of the eye opening is different.

So I think its something with the eyes as well...

Please do as suggested, send the pics to the vet. Even some other vet if they can give an opinion...

And begin to treat as well you can. What eye ointment did you got? Terramycin is common....
Thank you guys for all the help they moved my appointment up to tomorrow at 9 in the morning!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
....and thank you for being such a wonderful, concerned owner - your baby is fortunate to have you :purr: