My new cat squeaks instead of meows!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of my cats have different meows too.
Bentley is my squeaker, he does meow occasionally too but most of the time it is just a little squeak, that is when he makes any noise at all. He is master of the silent meow, all you really hear is the air moving and the only way you know it is him is because you can see he is meowing.

Nemo squeaks too but he is also a little younger, I am not sure yet if he will grow out of it or not. He will sit on the ground and meow at me until I get on the floor with him so he can rub around me headbutting me. He usually meows for the first few minutes that I am petting him too.

Mercury makes every sound in the book! He chirps at the birds (yes I mean chirps, I swear he imitates them). He meows for me when I am not in the room with him. He does this wierd twirling sound sometimes when he is running (I call it his noise of locomotion. . not sure what it really is). He even has a "lost in the wilderness cry" sometimes when he is all alone in a room.

Trinity is my screamer. She "yells" at us all the time to tell us what she wants. This usally preceeds her leading me in circles around the house.

kerridoh2007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my calico cat squeaks when she is looking at the birlds through our glass slider ....and she only moews when she is in heat ( shes a indoor cat and my other male cat is fixed) no meowing excpet for this time but just squeaking ...otherwise she is in perfffect health!

kelleybean88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gizmo doesn't meow either. She had a very bad respiratory infection when I got her. (The shelter claimed they treated it, but I doubt it because she was so sick and got better the second we put her on antibiotics)

She "meeps" and hardly ever growls. Sometimes we call her "meeper kitty"

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo brrrrrs and mrrrrrs alot, she rarely meows. She's very vocal in everything BUT meowing! We're still not sure if it had anything to do with the virus she had that killed her eyes, if it affected it vocal chords. Charlie meows ALL the time, nothing wrong there :p

When we brought Jazzy home at 9 weeks old she didn't make a single sound and we were so worried. It turned out she had cat flu, once we took her back and she was on meds she was meowing contently.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that not meowing is not a dangerous thing as MAX "acks" also. He was a orphaned barn kitten and his mom was killed by some cattle apparently so I figured maybe he didn't know he was supposed to MEOW.
MOUSE my other siamese mix is a regular chattermonkey and will talk nonstop if something bothers her or if she wants to share something with me.
20170101_082611.jpg