My New Cat Family :)

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share a picture of my new cats. We fostered recently and kept Mama and two of her seven kittens. Does anyone else have cats from one family? It is not my first time fostering but is my first time keeping fosters. It’s a really fun experience and I love having been able to socialize and bond with them from such a young age!

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
laughingduck laughingduck - Congratulations on your wonderful new Family!

My eight former ferals are all related pairs. 21 year-old Lance and Peanut are Brothers, White Tip and Oz are Mother and Son, Black Friday and Clawed-Ya are Mother and Daughter, and Puff and Scottiecat are half siblings. The other three are former throwaways, and once unrelated. Now all eleven are Family in the truest sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
laughingduck laughingduck - Congratulations on your wonderful new Family!

My eight former ferals are all related pairs. 21 year-old Lance and Peanut are Brothers, White Tip and Oz are Mother and Son, Black Friday and Clawed-Ya are Mother and Daughter, and Puff and Scottiecat are half siblings. The other three are former throwaways, and once unrelated. Now all eleven are Family in the truest sense.
21 years wow!!! My last cats only lived to 10 and 12 years. That os amazing all 11 get along. Do the mothers get along best with their offspring, or does that bond gradually lessen?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
21 years wow!!! My last cats only lived to 10 and 12 years. That os amazing all 11 get along. Do the mothers get along best with their offspring, or does that bond gradually lessen?
laughingduck laughingduck - The bond seems unaffected by the passage of time; in fact, more to the point, rather than diminishing, Paternal, Maternal, Fraternal and Sororal bonds seem to intensify as the years pass. Humankind could learn a great deal from cats; sadly, most of us are too simpleminded to transcend our own feelings of superiority long enough to realise that.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . I never knew that. I believe now that I've watched my cats more that cats, and probably other animals, have the same emotions as people do.
DreamerRose DreamerRose - I often see descriptions here on TCS about cats doing this or that, "randomly." I've lived with more than four dozen cats these last six decades, and have never witnessed a cat doing anything at random. They're eminently logical, given the knowledge base from which they draw, and their actual use of empiricism as a tool is quite thought-provoking. A cat who touches a hot stove burner will never touch a burner again - whether hot or otherwise. Humans fail to teach themselves by the empirical process, and manage to repeat their mistakes ad infinitum.

Cats in larger clowders will actively teach one another, and newcomers will actively learn - intentionally - from the other cats. They're possessed of the ability to reason, endowed with instincts which Humankind will never approach, and imbued with the ability to Love, and to return Love.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, they're adorable! What are their names?

My current two aren't related, but my last two were littermates. Their names were Belle and Beau, and apart from fur length, they looked identical.

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[
laughingduck laughingduck - The bond seems unaffected by the passage of time; in fact, more to the point, rather than diminishing, Paternal, Maternal, Fraternal and Sororal bonds seem to intensify as the years pass. Humankind could learn a great deal from cats; sadly, most of us are too simpleminded to transcend our own feelings of superiority long enough to realise that.
Ive read on here that some cat families will stop getting along, but I am so happy to hear that wasnt the case with yours. I do think that maybe living in such a large colony probaby helped matters, and they probably learned a lot about social behaviour from each other!

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, they're adorable! What are their names?

My current two aren't related, but my last two were littermates. Their names were Belle and Beau, and apart from fur length, they looked identical.
Mama Cat is “Mama Cat” (my toddler calls her “Maaaamaaaaaaa!” Which gets confusing because that is also me lol) and we also call her Snow as she came with that name but I suspect it will change. Baby girl is named Sage and “Tilly” as a nickname (my daughter couldnt decide so she gets two names lol) and Baby boy is named “Shadow” and “Dojo” as a nickname. They all have a couple names we just kept changing our minds lol.

My last cats were not littermates but they grew up together and had the nicest bond. I miss them so much!