My new boy

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I now have a CFA grand premier ebony oriental shorthair to be my new alter buddy and show cat. His name is Flex, he's shiny pitch black with green eyes, and he came from Skan Orientals. Very nice boy, and he's just getting used to the household now. Solstice thinks he's great! Flex is not so sure Solstice is great, but they haven't hissed or fought, Flex just tries to ignore him.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm totally jealous! He's stunning and if you lived closer, he'd be in MY house! Reminds me of Nite Sprite. Was one of the first OSH I saw and fell in love with - ebony with a shine on the coat you could see across the room.

If you want to rehome him, I'll be first one in line!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

This picture made me
! His ears look really huge, yet it looks like he's about to spring out & pounce (in a kitten manner). Half bat, half kitten, perhaps!?

Congrats - he's stunning!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, he is very pretty and unique.

He is a pet first and foremost, he has finished in CFA, but he doesn't mind showing at all so I will continue to bring him along. He'll be a good friend for Solstice as he is used to snuggling with his whole male brother Fusion.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Kelly, he's beautiful. Great the intro's are going well too.

What do you mean by he's finished in CFA?

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He got his grand premier after two shows in CFA. If I continue to show him, it will be for a regional title. He is good enough for it, and is in the top 30 in our region, after 3 shows, already. He only has a triple grand in TICA so far though, if I want to continue there we can try for quad and supreme grand.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I only have one show Mau right now, so it is nice to have another cat to bring along as company. For some reason, the judges aren't loving Solstice yet, he has 3 best of breed (against one silver girl of the same age) but no finals. He is just 5 months and I am certainly not giving up hope. Right now we are working on getting him used to the rings and less hostile with the other cats around.

Both Sky and DD are bred, and I am hoping for something special in the new year.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with Solstice.

And good luck with the upcomming babies, I'll have more in mid-January too, I think we had baby spotties at around the same time last mating too

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have some issues getting Sky to take, but when she does she has nice babies and she LOVES them. After watching DD raise a litter, I have a new respect for Sky's devotion. DD does just fine, but Sky seems to live for kitten making. I can't wait for Solstice to grow up enough for a Solstice/Skylark litter - they should be stunning.

Hopefully, we'll be posting kitten pics at the same time

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

After watching DD raise a litter, I have a new respect for Sky's devotion. DD does just fine, but Sky seems to live for kitten making.
I found the same with my girls. Malika came home this afternoon from her 'honeymoon' so fingers crossed for pink bits in a few weeks