My Natural Cat premix made my cat had impacted stool

mongmongbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I'm from Hong Kong, my cat's issues have led me to find this website and I would like to seek advice from all of you. Please forgive my poor English.

I started feeding my cat raw meat on September 13th . She is 4.5 months old and weighs 2.9kg . I give her a total of 150g of raw meat each day , divided into three meals of 50g each . From September 13th to September 14th , I fed her chicken thighs with " My Natural Cat Premix . " After eating this , she had one bowel movement in the morning and one in the evening each day . The stools appeared to be type 4 on the Bristol stool scale ( described as soft and smooth like a banana ) , somewhat clay - like , and slightly malleable . However , here is a problem . With a raw meat diet , the stools should be type 1 or 2 , and they shouldn't be so frequent . Since starting the raw meat diet , she has experienced two times of impacted stool within two days, requiring her to drag her bottom on the floor to pass the stool .

I though it was the chicken thigh's problem so I changed to chicken fillets for her. But it caused 2 times of stool impaction at the same day (15th Sep). I have currently stopped using this premix and the problem solved. I through it is because of the Psyllium Husks Powder in the ingredients.

I would like to ask if any other users of the premix have experienced a similar situation.

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has a super sensitive tummy. Try mixing a bit of pumpkin and some probiotics! Pumpkin is really the best for a quick solution until you find a probiotic you like

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some cats don't tolerate sudden changes in diet. Maybe you'd have better luck if you go back to the old food and then transition slowly over a period of at least a couple of weeks?

If your kitty still can't tolerate the food, you might try another premix. Are there other premixes available to you in Hong Kong? Alternatively, you can make your own premix from easily available supplements by following the recipe on catinfo.org. It's much less convenient especially since you'll need to add liver and (optionally) heart to the meat you're using, but on the plus side will undoubtedly be cheaper. And it doesn't include unnecessary fillers that your kitty might be reacting to, like psyllium husk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mongmongbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply! I’ve no longer using the natural cat premix, and my cat stopped the stool impaction! I currently giving my cat a PMR diet and he finally having a prefect stool!! I’m going to try Alnutrin this week 🤣🤣 thank you for your suggestion!! I may try to make my own premix later when I study more receipts and information of nutrients;)