My most beloved Miso left us today

ecantarow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was 18. I found him on the floor of my study on his side, with his paws in 'running' position. He always comes down to be fed in the morning, at noon, at night. He always used to wake me up in the morning. This morning his sister - and litter-mate: they have never been separated, since birth - meowed many times to wake my husband up. I went down and fed her. Miso didn't come. I felt a dread, went up, and found him. It is a sad, sad day. He was my constant companion. He always greeted me at the door whenever I'd return -- from wherever. He was always there. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss and hope it's at least some consolation that he went quickly at a ripe old age. RIP, Miso. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, the heart is so empty for so long when one of our precious babies leaves. You gave him 18 wonderful years of happiness and love, I'm sure he loved you so much in return and gave you enjoyment and companionship. He was blessed to have died at home, near those he loved and in a seemingly peaceful manner. He will be greatly missed, but will forever be in your heart and thoughts, as long as you live. Mourn him as you should, but celebrate too the love you two shared. There will come a day when you will smile when you remember him, time is the great healer. Kiss his sweet sister for me, she is surely mourning the loss too, comfort each other as much as you can. Take care....... RIP sweet Miso, you will be greatly missed, but never forgotten!

castle cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I felt very sad reading the loss of your Miso. The sorrow is inconsolable. R.I.P Miso

Castle Cat

cameo2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heartfelt condolence on the loss of your beloved companion. I know this grief. I too had an 18 year old and a 19 year old pass. A heart ache well remembered. With many emotions to work though in the coming days take comfort knowing a new star shines bright tonight. Be kind to yourself in the days ahead and treasure the memories you have shared. RIP precious Miso[emoji]9829[/emoji]

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 May he rest in peace. Run free sweet kitty. Please take care of yourself and his sister too.

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we lost our oldest boy last month (he was 10) and our 7 y/o cat had been his best bud since he was 4 weeks old. we adopted a resuce kitty and then that rescue asked me to foster. i got my first 8 week old foster kitten and my husband fell in love with him (the one that died was really more his cat) so we adopted this little one and it's been the best thing for our older boy (the 7 y/o). he loves this little kitten and the other one also. he hasn't really seemed to grieve much at all. he's actually playing now and he was a really lazy couch potato. maybe getting your girl a playmate will help if she is grieving? sorry about your boy, it's so hard to lose one of our furbabies..

mdaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how our fur babies enter our lives so completely and when they are gone the void is keenly felt.

hugs!

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i am so sorry that a missed your post.  How bittersweet to find your old guy at the end of his journey.  He must have had a long,  happy life & left while running in the meadow chasing some furry creature.   We want them to stay with us forever but it is just not possible.  I am sure he will visit & wait for you on the other side.  I am sorry for your loss.

emerrube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ahhh...this is rough. I'm crying. It's been a few years now, but I had to put down my favoritist cat ever. I cried like a freaking baby. She was 20. I got her when she was 8 mos old. It's better, but it still hurts. Hurting with you! Sorry you lost your Miso.

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rest in kitty paradise little Miso 
  My thoughts go out to you on this tough day