My mom passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had been frail and weak for the last several years and had several hospitalizations and nursing home admissions for physical therapy.

This last weekend she fell at home and my dad called an ambulance.  Mom was hospitalized again and it was determined that her blood count was low.  I talked to my dad on the phone Monday night and he said mom had an infection that was being treated and another nursing home admission for physical therapy was planed.

I was at work Wednesday morning when my sister who lives in my parent's town called and left a message.  This message was that I needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible because mom wasn't going to make it and they were turning the machines off.
  I heard the message a few hours later when I got home and it was a horrible major shock!!!!!!!!  I called my dad only to learn that mom died probably a half hour after the life support was removed.

My brother happened to be home when he got the call from my sister and he drove to my parents town, but it was too late.  I was able to get more information from my brother.  He said mom had actually been falling a lot lately and she wasn't trying to get better anymore.  He also said mom had some internal bleeding and had some blood transfusions in the hospital.  She was in the nursing home when she was found to be unresponsive at 1 a.m. Wednesday morning.  She was sent back to the hospital and placed on life support.

Mom's wish to be cremated is being followed and her funeral is at 2 p.m. tomorrow (Friday).

I would appreciate any vibes and prayers you can spare. 

Thank you.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Many warm thoughts being sent your way.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry about your loss, Lorie, and that you didn't get to see her again. It must be very difficult, even knowing that she was failing. Take care of yourself. You're in my thoughts.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry about your mom. 
 Even though you knew she was getting worse, it's still such a shock to get that phone call. You're in my thoughts. 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your mom. All of us who have been in that same situation can understand how you feel. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss Lorie.  Especially the shock of how the news was delivered.  It's just so hard, expected or not.  My prayers for you & your family during such a difficult time.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry that you have lost your mom, and can only imagine how painful it was not to have received information or be able to see her in time.  Thinking of you, and hoping you manage to feel some support from the funeral.  

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Terribly sorry for your loss hon, a million hugs and prayers sending your way. All the best for your family and friends. We will all be thinking of you!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I have a mother too far away who just got out of the hospital and I know my feelings. I can only imagine what you are going through.  My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

deborah mills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your mom. You are in our thoughts. I lost my mom in 1988 she was my best friend. Hang in there