My Minuet Has Discovered The Kitchen Table

bugsybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He discovered he can get up on the table the other day. Now I can't keep him off [emoji]128545[/emoji] Any suggestions? I don't want him up there. Ew.

catmom marcia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ordered several Sssscats from Amazon.  They are motion detector aerosol spray containers that emit a harmless hissing noise of compressed air.  I would order one or two and place them away from human traffic (like facing a wall) but in a location where the cat will cross in front of it.  One or two blasts will dissuade them from going up there.

matea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rub lemon all over the table for a day :) Cats hate citrus - she will smell/lick the table or get some of that on her paw and trust me she will never come back :) 

My cat used to bite on cables and all it took was some lemon rubbed on a couple of thems - hasn't approached single one since.

Good luck! Let me know if it works. 

matea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha make sure to let me know how it goes! 

Also on the plus side lemon is incredible surface cleaner :p 

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm having the same problem. Simon loves the kitchen counter and dining table. I'm going to try the scattttt aerosols cans first. I'm a little worried about using lemon. Isn't it toxic for cats if they ingest some?

matea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey - I wouldnt know but I know they definitely HATE citrus - my cat smelled it on cables and never came close again. I did this as one time thing. Now, she doesn't show interest in any cable (non lemoned of course :D)

I guess my recommendation should come with some reservation. Thanks for pointing this out.