My Male Kitten

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So about a week ago my sister threw my male kitten into the wall and i got pissed and we stayed at my friend house for a few days... Then my boyfriend comes down and he was playing with my other kitten and eating well today we went back to my sister house and my male kitten Smokey started hissing at my niece kitten who is his sister (from same litter) and now is hissing at my other male kitten Liu Kang (from different litter) but he was just fine with him in the same cage eat out same bowl sleep together and Smokey is hissing at them and it's to point he doesn't want them near me... What's wrong with him???

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You brought him back into the environment where he was injured, so he's not happy. He's also been away in a different place and now the others smell "different" to him and it's harder to recognize them.

You can get some vanilla and put a small dab at the base of the tail and back of the neck of all of them so they all smell the same.

Also, keep the cat far away from your sister or leave him at your friend's house out of harms way.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anytime cats are seperated there is the risk that they won't accept the others when reunited. Even just trips to the vet can cause some cats to reject each other. Being siblings is not something that really is a factor for cats so being from the same or different litters doesn't make any difference to relations and interactions. Give him a little time to recognize them and he will be okay with the other kittens again.

I am concerned though at the thrown against the wall statement. Did you take him to the vet to check for fractures? Depending on how hard he was thrown he could have a brain injury that is contributing to his confusion. If I were you, I would either find a different home for all the kittens or yourself and the kittens. I know its your sister, but throwing a kitten is not a healthy reaction to a situation nor is it healthy for anyone or animal who is subject to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You brought him back into the environment where he was injured, so he's not happy. He's also been away in a different place and now the others smell "different" to him and it's harder to recognize them.

You can get some vanilla and put a small dab at the base of the tail and back of the neck of all of them so they all smell the same.

Also, keep the cat far away from your sister or leave him at your friend's house out of harms way.

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My other male kitten been with us too... It was just girl kitten but I'm going to try the vanilla... Can cats/ kittens eat peanut butter

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's the thing he doesn't act differently towards me just towards the female kitten and my other male kitten now

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My other male kitten been with us too... It was just girl kitten but I'm going to try the vanilla... Can cats/ kittens eat peanut butter
Can cats eat it? Yes, it is not a known harmful food. Should cats eat it? Big giant NO. Cats should be on a biologically appropriate diet that is high in protein but low in carbs/starches. Most commercial foods are appropriate. A cat may be interested in your peanut butter because you are eating it but they should not be allowed to lick or eat it themselves. Peanut Butter is a fat heavy food and most commercial varieties are high in sugar; it is not good for them and they will not get any benefit from it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's the thing he doesn't act differently towards me just towards the female kitten and my other male kitten now
You were, assuming of course, with him at the friends house. You didn't throw him against the wall. You are still good and known. Being back at the house and environment where he got hurt is just as much a factor as the separation.

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks on that tip. I was told cats can eat it so I tried to give them some only one ate some but other didnt now i know not to give it to them...

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You were, assuming of course, with him at the friends house. You didn't throw him against the wall. You are still good and known. Being back at the house and environment where he got hurt is just as much a factor as the separation.
Thank you

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you protect your cat from your sister? How was he thrown at the wall?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My female cat has always hissed at my male cat when he comes back from the vets. The only thing I found out that helps is rubbing both of them with the towel that I used after taking a shower. Mixing both of their scents along with my scent seems to help. My male cat doesn't do it when Alice comes back from the vet. He sniffs her all over but no hissing.

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was in the room laying down with him and my other male and when the door opens he bolts to it. Always have and my niece opened the door and i told her he was coming and her kitten was coming and she still stood in doorway and they both ran out now my cat usually runs to kitchen hoping to find food on floor or whatever her cat always run to baby crib to get to bottle she got pissed threw my niece cat into door. My niece goes to get my cat and i got up headed to door and when i got there i seen my sister ball up my kitten and throw him into wall like he was a baseball or something and i snapped and automatically jumped on her because ive had him since he was 5 weeks and hes 4 months now. And same night I left for about a week but like i said because they are still babies they arent the best behaved and person i was staying with was like no you gotta cause my cats are evil blah blah blah because they are all black and they have fear of black cats and I didnt have anywhere else to go besides the streets or my sister house

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat has always hissed at my male cat when he comes back from the vets. The only thing I found out that helps is rubbing both of them with the towel that I used after taking a shower. Mixing both of their scents along with my scent seems to help. My male cat doesn't do it when Alice comes back from the vet. He sniffs her all over but no hissing.

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
See I've had to leave my sister house twice because some reason she has a problem with my kittens. Idk if it's like most people that meet them because they are both black or because I treat my 2 male kittens like the prince's they are. But Idk Smokey is fine now with his sister and his step brother i have them all bath with same shampoo and dried them off separate towels well my 2 male shared towels because they didn't have flees my niece kitten had flees all over her and that shampoo killed them and then i put that killer stuff on them and they are fine back to being best friends until she gets too close to me and tries to lick me... They don't like her to lick me and they hate if i rub her for more than 30-45 seconds... My male kittens aren't innocent but they are very loveable towards me accept Liu Kang you will never know i have 2 kittens because LK doesnt come around new people he hides not unless im already holding him then he claws me and runs for shelter...

VictoriaTP91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sister said the reason she threw him is because he bit her when she picked him up trying to justify it... Now I know my babies and They dont go randomly biting people for no reason maybe clawing because they are just buttholes but not biting...she had to have picked him up wrong and he bit her or something...