My male cat keeps vomiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kryxsuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seems like the medication he gave him works , he stopped vomiting . I have to feed him special food for a week with medication.
He seems fine, very active.
The vet thinks this could have happened because he was overeating after nutering . Before nutering 100g of food would last him hours and he would eat in cycles.After nutering everything i put down for him he ate immediately.
I will follow this treatment for now, I have he's number now if anything happens.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like the medication he gave him works , he stopped vomiting . I have to feed him special food for a week with medication.
He seems fine, very active.
The vet thinks this could have happened because he was overeating after nutering . Before nutering 100g of food would last him hours and he would eat in cycles.After nutering everything i put down for him he ate immediately.
I will follow this treatment for now, I have he's number now if anything happens.
I'm glad to hear he's doing better. We have an overeater who regurgitates her meals, too, and feeding lots of small meals helps a lot. Stress can be a big factor in this type of vomiting, too, and of course surgery is stressful for everybody. Anything you can do to keep him (and the household!) calm is also a help.

Good luck!

SassyCatDomain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I nutered my 2 years 4 months old cat 12 days ago. He vomited couple of times the first day but then he was eating more then before being nutered, wanted to play most of the time, he was using the litter box everytime "he used to pee everywhere corner before" and seemed very ok , the operation spot is almost healed and dosen't look infected at all. Out of the sudden yesterday midday he vomited everything he eat (no liquid i could see the food he had) there's no change in behavior he's still playfull, purrs when he wants petting and he would eat immediately after he vomited if i would put food for him. I thought that could be something random but in the night he vomited again , and today he did again . it was some hours after he ate. Everytime he was sleeping woke up and vomited.

Could this still be because of the anesthetic? It took him around 9h to recover from the anesthesia the day he was nutered.
It could be possible that your cat need's indigestion food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kryxsuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could be possible that your cat need's indigestion food
Yup, I'm giving him gastrointestinal food
I'm glad to hear he's doing better. We have an overeater who regurgitates her meals, too, and feeding lots of small meals helps a lot. Stress can be a big factor in this type of vomiting, too, and of course surgery is stressful for everybody. Anything you can do to keep him (and the household!) calm is also a help.

Good luck!
Will do! Thank you

Renne

a kitty parent
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that your cat is doing better! Hopefully this treatment is going to take care of the problem.