My Male Cat Is Bullying The Other Male Cat Constantly

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 10 cats, 5 female and 5 males. The bullying cat consistently bullying one other cat and I don’t know why, both of them got along for months, he rarely fights with other cats but usually the one he bullies. Every time he sees him he just attacks him for no reason. Both of them not neutered. In fact both of them are the oldest in my home, the victim is 1 year old and the bullying one is 3 years so what should I do to get them to get along or at least tolerate each other

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The bullying one named Leo and the victim named Tommy, they both together for 3 months although tommy is longer with me

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neuter them. Just to avoid even more issues, neuter all the males and spay all the females. I have nine cats (Six females, three males), so I know it can be a lot, but it really will help calm things down and avoid other issues down the road.

It sounds like you have one cat who is trying to establish a hierarchy. It does not always happen, but it can. Having that many unfixed cats around each other will increase the likelihood of fighting issues and marking issues. You do not want a stinky catfighting arena instead of a home.

If, once all your cats are fixed, there is still an issue, please note that bully cats are often fearful and lashing out. See what is causing the cat fear and address it. We have one female, Tara, who would stalk another female named Astrid. I used positive reinforcement and redirection to solve that issue.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone above is correct. You must neuter them to avoid their fighting with one another. They will continue to fight and probably hurt each other badly if you don't.

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any other way other than neuter them ?

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s a good breed, my cousins wants his kittens when they grow up after the mother cat gives birth

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He doesn’t fight with the other male cats but he only picks on tommy

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He doesn’t fight with the other male cats but he only picks on tommy
I understand the other male cats are younger, it's possible they didn't reach the sexual maturity yet. Once they do, you'll have a war in your house, on multiple fronts.

There are so many pretty cats that need a home, the world doesn't need another litter :(

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a reason why you won't neuter them? If it money, there might be a place around that will do it for low cost or even free. Plus some shelters offer Certificates that reduce the cost at the vet of your choice. You might want to look into it.

If you're in the U.S. Here a link that you can use to find a low cost clinic
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Programs

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any of your mature males can get any or all of your female cats pregnant. Females have between 4 and 7 kittens a litter. That means that in three months you could have between 20 and 35 kittens in your house. In three to four months they can do it again which means you'd have 40 to 70 kittens in your house.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you really want a litter, you could neuter Tommy right now and then neuter Leo after the litter comes. Are the other cats fixed, or do you keep the males separated from the females? How many litters do you want to have?

Tomcats often don't reach full social maturity until around age 3 (they can impregnate females before that, but don't have the full range of tomcat behaviors yet), so that might be the problem here.

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the help

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our toms were 9 MONTHS old when they got all the females pregnant. Vet had said a year. Vet was wrong.