My male cat has a bump (maybe nipple) on his stomach

shereenhashem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
**my cat is 4 years old not a kitten** - don't know how to change that

I kept reading that male cats' nipples should not protrude from their skin/should be flat and not very noticable. It's been there for a while and I completely forgot about it until I was scratching his stomach today. He doesn't seem irritated by it at all. Do you think it's something else? Should I be worried?

Attachments

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
**my cat is 4 years old not a kitten** - don't know how to change that

I kept reading that male cats' nipples should not protrude from their skin/should be flat and not very noticable. It's been there for a while and I completely forgot about it until I was scratching his stomach today. He doesn't seem irritated by it at all. Do you think it's something else? Should I be worried?
It is definitely a nipple. If you look through fur on his stomach really thoroughly, you will find another 7 of them.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Check to see, as was suggested, if there are other nipples which are in line with this one. That will answer part of the question. If this one is seriously enlarged, or if you notice something which seems strange about it as you continue to watch, then call the vet.

"Kitten" refers to the fact that you just joined TCS, not to the age of your cat. As you continue to participate, you "grow up."

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That looks like a normal kitty nipple to me. Like others suggested see if the other ones line up with that one. If it does then nothing to worry about you just have yourself a kitty nipple.