My Male And Female Cat Don’t Know How To Mate Correctly

Kaqs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have these two persian cats both 1 year 2 months old, and this is females 4th heat and I am sure she is in heat( I separated them for 3 heats)

Now they are trying to mate from last 4 days but failing to mate properly.

Whenever male tries to mount and mate with the female, the female after some time lays on her side and looks at him but doesn’t hiss or anything. The male tries but ends up humping her side or just above the tail. I think female cat doesn't cooperate with the male and that’s why ends up on her side and stares at him (or me if I am there in the room).
Also if I am in the room she will come to me and start rubbing herself instead of going to the male cat.

Both the cats are indoor and have lived all their lives together. My only concern is will they ever figure out how to mate, because I want to have their first litter and then neuter/spay them afterwards.

I will try posting a video to show what’s actually happening.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaqs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how can I contact posiepurrs posiepurrs ? Or will he see this post now that he has been tagged.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should see it unless she has alerts turned off. You could private message her. That's shown as 'start a conversation.'
Just click on her profile and you'll see it.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do they have like papers, pedigrees and stuff? I will never get used to this breeding thing. There are so many cats out there already, especially Persian cats. Poor girl.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really can't be of any help because I have never had this issue. Some breeders who have say if the cats will allow you to, to hold her up for him to mount. I feel strongly the only reason to breed is to improve the breed, not to have a litter of kittens. Please be aware that there are a multitude of problems that can arise, from needing an expensive c-section to losing the entire litter and possibly mom, to having to feed kittens every 2 hours, potty them and keep temperature regulated when Mom refuses them. With the exception of losing the mother, I have had all of the above happen. I am just saying, be prepared for any issue and don't go into this thinking only of cute cuddly kittens. It is hard and sometimes heart breaking work. I am not trying to offend you, just want you to have the facts.