My love of my life,Su passed away Jul.15

kaoritokyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I lost my kitty,not only my kitty,my better feline half,lost to CRF.

He was just 3 months old when he came to me in 1997,but already thoughtful kitty.
I had a failed marriage shortly after that,which is emotional and physical disastor and I almost died.
Doctor told me I need a surgery,but I couldn't afford it,my parents didn't help it,my then so-called husband and attacker of course didn't help it.
Doctor told me,they have no way other than send me a home,(with attacker)gave me some painkiller and told me not to move.

It was winter and my body had hard time to keep temperature,(Even I was laying in Kotatsu)
Then 1 year old Su didn't leave my side.he tried to kept me warm.

After Me&Su began to live only two of us,Su became very protective.
He didn't like I make a phone call cause it ends up arguments sometime.(in the past)
Su became big boy,weighted 8kg,always sweetly kissed me and called me "Mamma".

After We had 18 years and a half almost trusting only each other,
Su was diagnosed as CRF.
I did everything we can.Su fought with his own will.(I know because when I carelessly told the vet "Is he in danger?",Su stood up suddenly like "No!".)

He declined very fast.we could celebrate his 19th birthday.
He was so weak,but still cared about me.
When he was getting oxygen at vet,I began cried.he turned to me,and looked at me.

Last day we went to the vet,we're told Su was too frail for the trip.
While I was going back home with him,he just said to me "Mamma".

We spent his last days at home.I borrowed oxygen mask.It made feel so better.
Still,when he had bad time,he wanted to hugged .
He asked me "Mama,are you ok?Are you going to be ok??".with his now-blind eyes.

Even in the condition,when I cried,Su gave me head-butt.

He passed away 14:40 Jul.15.

I have never loved other creature,cat or human,like him.

(Please understand I grew up in Japan and euthanasia was not in my world.And Su wanted to live.
please don't mention that.it hurt me even when Su was alive.I'm sorry.I respect all your choice.)

Maybe Su worried me so much to leave earth.As I'm living alone,adoption rarely come up.
But,It just come up to me shortly after Su passed.I adopt a brown tabby kitty.
Of course he is not Su,and totally different personality which makes me laugh,
Still I think Su acted as match maker.

As I always told you,be a little birdie Su,and look around wherever you want,until we meet again.

Last edited:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of Su. Your tribute to Su is beautiful. Su will always live on in a special place in your heart through the memories of the time you shared together.

I agree with you when you say that Su sent Fi to you. Fi will never replace Su but will create new memories for you to enjoy and will find her own special place in your heart. Su sent Fi to you to help you heal. Adopting Fi and giving her a chance to have a loving secure home is a great way to honor Su's life.

Last edited:

lovefive

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an amazing story chronicling your not so wonderful life due to how some people have trusted you , but on the other hand wonderful in how you and Stu found each other.
Im so pleased Fi has come into your life.
Take care now

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can feel the love pouring from your beautiful tribute. I am so very sorry for your loss, I pray you accept my condolences. I am also happy that precious Su passed at home, surrounded by the love of the one he loved the most. I'm sure it comforted him greatly and allowed him to go in peace,secure in knowing he will never be forgotten and will always have a place in your loving heart. You gave him 19 years of love and a wonderful home, that is all he ever wanted and he is so grateful for having you in his life, just as you are grateful for having him in yours. He would never want you to be so sad when thinking of him, he left you a legacy of love to pass on, and in this way will be kept alive through the bond you have with him. This bond can never be taken from you. Use it along with your precious memories to bring you comfort in your time of mourning. He never wanted to leave you, but death is always beyond anything we can control, his love will remain in your heart until the end of time. Embrace and celebrate that time in your life you shared with him, he was in your life for a reason and brought you so much joy and comfort, you were so very lucky to have had him in your life.

That precious new life that has entered your home will bring you a welcome distraction from your tears, and even though he can never replace the love you held for Su, he will place his love side by side with Su's in your heart, you will one day learn to love him with a different love, like a mother with many children, each unique and special. Su would be happy that you have found someone to be with you, he would never want you to be alone and unhappy, just as he did when he was alive. My heart goes out to you, take care and know you will be in the thoughts and prayers of many today who understand what you are going through. Thank you for letting us know of this very special little boy, take care........RIP sweet Su, may you soar through the heavens and send your love to the one who misses you so very much, you accomplished much on this earth and now is the time for you to begin your new journey. You will always be connected to the one you  loved so very much, give her comfort through her dreams, and watch over them both to help guide them through their journey in this life. Farewell for now, special one!    

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you lost Su. You two must have had an amazing connection, it's wonderful that you stood by each other and supported each other through every thing that happened. He was very lucky to have someone like you, someone who cared for him his whole life and was there for him when he passed.

I know that nothing will ever take Su's place, but I have a feeling that he nudged another little cat into your path to take care of you now that Su is gone.

Rest In peace Su. Have a happy rebirth.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, @kaoritokyo. Sounds like Su had a very special place in your heart. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 

Rest in peace, handsome Su. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaoritokyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost this site for a while..
Let me say quick thank you.
I really think Su did mutch maker.
Fi is a kind of kitten who make me laugh.
It'll be 2months since I lost Su,
I always telling Fi that we are family of three,include one angel.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your story touched my heart.  Please accept my belated condolences on your loss of Su.  Fi is very lucky to have you.

laura mae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend. Kitties are great and so often people have one special cat that they bond with completely. That was your Su.  I'm glad you had a long time with him but as you already know, it's never long enough. My sympathies. It hurts especially when they are your best friend.

rouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story about Su... I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you continue to find the beauty in the memories that Su left you and remember that through those memories he will always be with you [emoji]10084[/emoji]️.