My Long Haired Kitten Seems To Be Losing Fur. Breed?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, if that first picture is current he looks sick. Just making sure you are aware.

He is a Domestic short or medium hair, you will know more when he grows up. Their coats will change as they grow up too. Length and sometimes color even.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His eyes don't look right, he looks frail. Is he eating enough? Kittens need as much food as they can eat several times a day for at least 8 months. Is he eating a drinking? How about his stool, is it formed? Is he active and running around? Is he being kept warm? If not, a vet visit might be in order.
He is a beautiful kitten, I absolutely adore his huge ears! His fur changing might be his adult coat coming in, that can change several times the first year. since he has no papers he would be a DSH or domestic short hair, a tabby, and looks like he has some Maine Coon in him with those ears and coat, He is adorable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamieluiz027

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was really skinny when I found him and had mucus and stuff coming out of his eyes but I cleared all that up he's eating now he's gained weight and he looks a hundred percent better than the first picture the very last picture is very recent

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He seems to be mediumhair. Exactly what he will land on we will see in the future. Its not uncommon seemingly shorthair end as longhairs, and vice versa...

Also, his health and the improvement thereupon surely adds to the changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamieluiz027

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This i took today or should i say a few minutes ago. The bald looking spot is short grey fur. His facial structure is even kind of changing. All the cats i have raise has never went through changes like he is. But he becomes more and more beautiful every day.
IMG_20180906_184356.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teenager stage! The fact that there is short grey hair on the bald spot now means it is healing and hair is growing back, that is a good sign. He looks absolutely healthy (and ornery!) now, he looks a lot like my Siamese cross cats with those huge ears and longer face! You will have your hands full for a while, until he gets older and becomes a couch potato. He will surely worm his way into your heart! Bless you for loving him!