My little gray furball

petercotton

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone.  This is my sweet little Gracie.  Someone in my area posted an ad on Craigslist saying they could no longer keep her because they were allergic, so I gladly took her into my home.  In their description they said she was a Maine Coon / Domestic Long Hair mix.  Just wanted to see what you all thought she may be.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, it's hard to tell from a picture but, from where I'm sitting, Gracie could have some Maine Coon Cat in her.  :)

We used to have a cat named "Spike" that some people thought was a Turkish Van cat.

He did look somewhat like a Van, although not exactly.  Your conventional Van has brown on his rump, tail and the top of his head.  Spike had more brown on his back than the traditional "Thumbprint of Allah" and he had brown markings on his face.

Spike was a good, stout cat.  He weighed in at a good twenty pounds without an ounce of fat on him.  He liked to play in the bathtub like the way Van cats do.  Personality wise, he was the boss of the house.  Spike didn't take B.S. from anybody!  ;)

Since we adopted him, second hand, he didn't have papers or a breeder to say that he was definitively a Van.  If we really wanted to know for sure, we'd probably have to get him DNA tested or something like that.

When it came down to it, he was our "Spike" and we loved him just the same, whether he truly was a Van or whether he was just a plain old moggy.  In fact, we never really thought much about what breed of cat Spike might have been until after he lived with us for a while and somebody said that he looked like a Turkish Van.

I'm pretty sure that Gracie could be part Coon Cat but she looks like such a sweetie that it doesn't much matter to me what kind of cat she is.  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petercotton

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for the reply.  I have had her for almost a month and a half now and she is a total joy.  Growing and getting healthier by the day.  She is an awesome little kitten, and as Caspers Human said, it does not matter what her breed is.