My little baby passed today

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I will lend to you a kitten, God said,
for you to love while it lives, and mourn when it's dead.
Maybe for 12 or 14 years, or maybe 2 or 3,
but will you, 'till I call them back, take care of them for me?
They'll bring their charms to gladden you, and should their stay be brief,
you'll always have their memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise they will stay for all from Earth return,
but there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true,
and from the folk's that crowd life's land I have chosen you.
Now will you give it all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?
My heart replied, "My Lord, Thy Will Be Done",
for all the joys this kitten brings the risk of grief I'll run.
We'll shelter it with tenderness, we'll love it while we may,
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.
But should you call it back much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.
If by our love we've managed your wishes to achieve,
Then in memory of it whom we loved, please help us while we grieve.
When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul for us to love all it's life.

Author Unknown

And this may also help. It is part of a post from our member Margret Margret
I went to the library and searched for a book about grieving. The very first book that I found (and I’m sorry that I no longer remember either the title or the author so I’m unable to give credit where it’s due) had a whole chapter about grieving for pets, and it gave three rules or principles for grieving a pet (or anyone else). Here they are:
  1. It hurts as much as it hurts. There is no right or wrong about how much the loss of a pet "should" hurt. The fact is that our pets are family members; they aren’t “just” anything; and anyone who says “It was just a cat” is demonstrating a gross lack of understanding. And the loss of a family member should be painful.
  2. It takes as long as it takes. There is no set period of time within which grieving should end, not for the loss of a parent, or a child, or a spouse, or a friend, or a pet. Some people do their grieving quickly; others of us take longer, and it’s important to take whatever time you need to complete your grieving. And remember, this is still a family member we’re talking about. People who say “It’s already been six months; don’t you think it’s time you got over the death of your cat?” would never think of saying “It’s already been six months; don’t you think it’s time you got over the death of your mother?” No, I’m not saying that your cat was as important to you as your mother. I am saying that grief doesn’t always make that kind of fine distinction, and if you expect it to do so you’re going to be seriously confused and hurt.
  3. The only way to the other side of grief is straight through the middle. There are no shortcuts, no bypasses. Any attempt to cut the process short, or avoid it altogether, merely ensures that you will never complete it.
Our pets make a place for themselves in our hearts, and when they pass it leaves a hole behind. In many ways, the loss of a pet is an amputation; a part of ourselves has been removed, and we will never get that part back. But we have options about how to deal with the loss. If we acknowledge the wound and take proper care of it then it can heal cleanly, and eventually it gets better. There will always be a cat-shaped hole in our hearts, but the time comes when we can remember the cat who made that hole with more affection than pain, when his or her life is once again more important to us than her or his death.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for all your beautiful posts, reading them has brought me so much comfort. Just wanted to share something lovely with you all as it has helped me the past day and a half. My other cat has very strangely taken on some of Luna's traits. She has suddenly started sleeping on my pillow at night, being vocal and even chasing/fetching balls. She never did these things, it has really blown mine and my partner's minds how much she is acting like Luna.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is mimicking Luna's actions because she misses them too. She may have felt she didn't have to do those things because Luna did them. She feels your distress and is trying to make you feel better by doing these things that she knew made you happy, what a sweetheart!

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You see in all things bad or good, God controls and we watch wait and listen. I firmly believe He/She has the POWER to DO ANYTHING ANYWAY ANYTIME ANY PLACE! You're other kitty is sending a message from Luna through God to YOU. Please listen and honor her. :)

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for all your beautiful posts, reading them has brought me so much comfort. Just wanted to share something lovely with you all as it has helped me the past day and a half. My other cat has very strangely taken on some of Luna's traits. She has suddenly started sleeping on my pillow at night, being vocal and even chasing/fetching balls. She never did these things, it has really blown mine and my partner's minds how much she is acting like Luna.
Three months after we had to put Simon down in May 2014 we took in Stanley, a little fella that showed up at my work at the time, and the same thing happened! At first we didn't think much of it, but he kept on doing things that Simon used to do and only Simon and we counted about 11 things so we knew this was not just a coincidence! We had been in touch with an animal communicator Cindy Wenger here in Pennsylvania, and she said that was Simon's spirit living on through Stanley, that Simon loved it here with us and wanted us to know that; when she told us that I said outloud "it's okay Simon, you stay here with us as long as you want to", and with that Stanley stopped doing those things, true story!!!

Google the homeopathic remedy Ignantia Amara, it helps your body and mind deal with the intense grief and stress and pain but in a natural way, no side effects like drugs. Also Holy Basil too. They help you get through the hellish time, but the only thing that truly helps us is to let it happen, it hurts like hell but it HAS to in order to come out of our systems, very painful and tough to do but we do it, we are stronger than we think and we endure it and heal in time. :alright: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Did some tidying today and found all her balls and other toys, which is so difficult. We have kept them in her little bag and have made plans for when she finally comes back home. We are going to work on a picture collage next week when we both feel more up to it and get it printed with a frame. Then when her ashes come back we will place the frame, the ashes and some of her favourite toys on our bedroom window ledge as that was her favourite place in the house. The last few months she would wake my partner up to lift the blind and just sit watching out the window for 2-3 hours, in and out of sleep, until we woke up. I know that's where she will be happiest, and that way it will bring me so much comfort knowing she's right there when we sleep.

I actually spoke to my Dr and he is going to give me some medication to help with my anxiety over the next couple weeks as my appetite is really bad and I'm finding it hard to relax. I really cannot believe how much this whole thing has just broken my heart. She is the first pet I've ever lost and although I always knew it would hurt, i just never thought it would happen like it has.

Thanks again for all the comforting comments 💞 you guys have been wonderful the past few days.