My laptop won't start

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if anyone can tell me why a laptop wouldn't turn on ?   I have checked everything. Please PM me for your answer. thanks.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Debbie, it could be anything. Not charged properly. The motherboard died. The hard drive died. Computers love throwing temper tantrums. The only way to know for sure is to take it in to a shop and have somebody look at it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Debbie, it could be anything. Not charged properly. The motherboard died. The hard drive died. Computers love throwing temper tantrums. The only way to know for sure is to take it in to a shop and have somebody look at it.
Agreed.  Try pulling the battery tho.  Sometimes, it's something as simple as it coming loose. Especially if the laptop is a few years old already.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, several years ago, I was talking to a computer repair techie and we discussing computer temper tantrums. He said that he knew a guy whose computer would throw a tantrum about twice a year. It would refuse to start properly and, once he got it started up, it would act screwy and give him all kinds of problems. He got so exasperated with the thing that he took it apart and brought the CPU into the repair shop. Where it worked perfectly.

He got it back home, hooked it all back up, and it worked for a good six months or more. Then one day, nothing. Same thing as before. He took it apart and took the CPU back into the shop and it worked perfectly again. The guy and the techie agreed that maybe the CPU just wanted a car ride. He got it back home, hooked it up, and it ran beautifully. 

Six months or so later, the same thing happened. Only this time, he took it apart, put the CPU in the car, and drove around the block a couple times. Got back home, put the computer together, and it worked! Perfectly! Why, he doesn't know. But he did that for quite a while before the computer finally did bite the dust. About every six months or so, the guy and his CPU went for a car ride around the block.

I swear that's what the techie told me. Whether it's true or not, 
 But I know that computers are known for random temper tantrums.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

You know, several years ago, I was talking to a computer repair techie and we discussing computer temper tantrums. He said that he knew a guy whose computer would throw a tantrum about twice a year. It would refuse to start properly and, once he got it started up, it would act screwy and give him all kinds of problems. He got so exasperated with the thing that he took it apart and brought the CPU into the repair shop. Where it worked perfectly.

He got it back home, hooked it all back up, and it worked for a good six months or more. Then one day, nothing. Same thing as before. He took it apart and took the CPU back into the shop and it worked perfectly again. The guy and the techie agreed that maybe the CPU just wanted a car ride. He got it back home, hooked it up, and it ran beautifully. 

Six months or so later, the same thing happened. Only this time, he took it apart, put the CPU in the car, and drove around the block a couple times. Got back home, put the computer together, and it worked! Perfectly! Why, he doesn't know. But he did that for quite a while before the computer finally did bite the dust. About every six months or so, the guy and his CPU went for a car ride around the block.

I swear that's what the techie told me. Whether it's true or not, 
 But I know that computers are known for random temper tantrums.
That's a funny story!  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited: