My Kitty’s Eye Is Bleeding?

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My kitty last night was playing her favorite laser chase. When she tried to make a sharp turn, she accidentally hit the corner of her carrier. The corner is not sharp at all but that’s enough to rupture one or maybe more blood vessels in her third eye lid. It started as a point of bleeding and gradually the blood dissipated through the third eye lid. I have noticed that the dissipation has stopped this morning. It’s been roughly 24 hours since this happened. She doesn’t seem like in pain or anything. She still plays, eats and shows affection like normal. And her eye is actually totally fine. There is no blood in her actual eye ball. Do you think I should take her to the vet for this? Or will this wound heal in its own? The earliest I can take her to the vet will be Friday. The injured eye is her right eye.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I would make a vet appointment. Eye injuries can go either way, but they are so delicate I just wouldn't chance it. I had a kitty with a similar blunt force injury and the vet gave me a simple eye drop treatment for it. However he also said if I had let it go any longer it would not have healed properly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would make a vet appointment. Eye injuries can go either way, but they are so delicate I just wouldn't chance it. I had a kitty with a similar blunt force injury and the vet gave me a simple eye drop treatment for it. However he also said if I had let it go any longer it would not have healed properly.
Thanks for your reply! But yeah I won’t be able to take her to the vet till Friday morning. I hope she can get little bit better by that time. Do you think mud bay sell eye drops to treat eye injury like that?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have a vet check, just as soon as you can. I do not think i would buy anything over the counter, it might make it worse.
Hopefully all is well with her! Keep us updated. :heartshape: