My Kitty, the Wannabe Wino!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only one of my cats who has ever showed any interest whatsoever in alcohol was Shasta. She learned early on that it is not smart to put your nose in a glass of beer, because it spits at you. She also learned (when a beer bottle exploded in my hand while she was eating her dinner) that it tastes abominable. Should have seen her catapult to the other end of the house, and then come back, all the while taking tiny licks to try and clean herself, and screwing her face up at each one. The only time she ever allowed me to wipe her down with a damp cloth -- once it was just water on her she could tend her needs. It's not fair to laugh, but my it was funny!

She was not interested in wine, but she'd steal from a hot toddy in a heartbeat. The first time she did it, she did get rather sozzled, but thereafter she knew her limit. She also was VERY demanding when there was (well soaked) fruit cake around.

That cat had lots of stuff I'd never think of offering a cat now, and still lived to 21 -- I think she budgeted her 9 lives very carefully.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least I know it's not just Trent then!
He's our sniffing kitty. He has to sniff everything we eat or drink but isn't interested in actually tasting it (unless it's milk
)