TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont remember what we said.  Its now apparent she is a point with white, and that is why these "spots" are darkening up.  Its her natural point color, being visible throught the all white, as she carries much white.  As she has blackish ears, she is a dark point, possibly even a seal (=black).  it adds to her body darkening up some with time.

With this head, her siamese ancestry is probably not very far away.  So she has not onlt THE point genes from perhaps 50 generations ago.  But also perhaps a granddad, or even the dad..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't over-bathe her because you will wash away her natural oils.

I don't over bathe her, but thanks for the concern. She just gets dirty really fast and starts to smell bad for no reason, my house is clean and so are the litter boxes, she just gets crazy with her food in the mornings and gets dirty and likes to knock over our trashcan and gets in it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats are naturally clean, and they practically never smell.  Or rather, they normally  smell neutral and good.

Here we have the equation of  a) she loves the bathes - b) and seems to be bathed quite often because she gets smelly quite often

c) She often get herself dirty -  d)  which causes smells  and f) cats are eager to clean themslves when they got dirty...

OK, so I see two different theories which both may satisfy this equation.

1.  She loves the bathes so much, so she more or less by purpose gets herself dirty as much as she can manage, to get smelly and be bathed...  And this is also the reason why she doenstn clean herself well enough.  Why, her Mamma is well trained.   :)

OR

2.  What @Primula warned for, has already happened.  Her natural oils are gone, and thus, she gest smelly easily, as the oils and her natural bacterial flora on the skin is gone...

Which become noticeably by different funny smells, and or not seldom, some mold infection (which tends to become easily smelly)

Last edited:

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She cleans herself all the time, I don't know if it was a misunderstanding. She's always been smelly since she was gave to us and has never had a bath before that she gets smelly from the stuff she does and makes messes. I bathe her 2-3 times a month. Is that a lot? :(

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But although she cleans herself, she was also weaned off reallllly early and taken from her mother by her breeders for some odd reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She cleans herself all the time, I don't know if it was a misunderstanding. She's always been smelly since she was gave to us and has never had a bath before that she gets smelly from the stuff she does and makes messes. I bathe her 2-3 times a month. Is that a lot?
Its clearly above the average.  Some peple never bathe their shorthairs, and still they practically never smell bad.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well her fur and skin are definitely healthy still, no flaking or anything, and feels normal, I guess I should just bathe her less before anything really happens?
Thanks for all the info.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She cleans herself all the time, I don't know if it was a misunderstanding. She's always been smelly since she was gave to us and has never had a bath before that she gets smelly from the stuff she does and makes messes. I bathe her 2-3 times a month. Is that a lot? :(
The only times I have ever bathed a cat was when I have found an outdoors kitten who had fleas. Would never attempt it on an adult cat & have never needed to do it.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But although she cleans Ber self, she was also weaned off reallllly early and taken from her mother by her breeders for some odd reason.
If the breeder was unscrupulous (as, unfortunately, many breeders are) she may have been taken from her mother when she was at her "cutest". I see so many tiny puppies offered for sale who have been removed from their mother way too early.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, everyone has their own ways (not being rude) I actually have to bathe my cat since she likes being dirty. and she gets in the shower with me sometimes by herself. And my cats get flees from time to time because cats like to come up to my door and they are INFESTED with flees and every time we call ASPCA or something they "cant" do anything about it. I have 4 cats. I only bathe her and my special needs cat because he pees himself all the time. The other two have no problems with getting dirty because they aren't so energy filled and don't like to go near trashcans, as for Isis she has so much energy ALL day, yes she plays with the other cats but she can't get enough but she looks for trouble when I'm not home. Again, I don't mean to offend anyone. Her fur is healthy, I take her to the vet for checkups, and she's fine.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the breeder was unscrupulous (as, unfortunately, many breeders are) she may have been taken from her mother when she was at her "cutest". I see so many tiny puppies offered for sale who have been removed from their mother way too early.
the breeder actually took the kittens in a box to give them away for free (its stupid I know, I didn't agree with it) and if no one wanted them they were gonna take them all to the shelter :( and no one wanted sweet Isis. My mothers best friend took her and tried dumping her to the street after only a day. She was full of flees. Then I came by and decided I'd take her and help her so here she is :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
the breeder actually took the kittens in a box to give them away for free (its stupid I know, I didn't agree with it) and if no one wanted them they were gonna take them all to the shelter
and no one wanted sweet Isis. My mothers best friend took her and tried dumping her to the street after only a day. She was full of flees. Then I came by and decided I'd take her and help her so here she is
So she must have been with the fleas even before she was taken from momma.  That "breeder" was surely no breeder, just an irresponsible cat owner.   The only  excusing here,  some would drown them instead, or just abandon them somewhere. Perhaps in a box in the middle of woods, as it happens too...   This ex owner at least gave them a chance to survive.

And yours  Isis got the chance fully out, got even a really good home.    :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I would just stop bathing her and see what happens. Most cats never need bathing unless they get something on them in their fur that they can't clean themselves.

Last edited:

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey guys I've found a look alike kind of I think, of Isis.(looks like her in person) Just minus the dark spots on her back. And the look alike is an adult. Isis still under a year old.