My kitty is LONESOME, because I am not a CAT!adopt ANOTHER CAT?

doreet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HELLO!
my Cat is a very pretty four-year-old,

Burmese female, and very smart; I'm pretty sure that she understands

English also. One you didn't get another Living with you is don't worry honey. They are related to Siamese. I rescued her, from an older lady, who couldn't take care of her anymore. At first she was very shy,she's much better now, but now I have another problem. I think she is LONELY, and wants ANOTHER CAT. Every time my friend and caregiver, comes over, to help with housework or buy me some groceries, Bella, my cat, sniffs all over her, especially her hair, because she can smell CAT's on her. She gets very excited. I feel like, it's my fault because I no longer roughhouse and play with her enough, and I'm also just not a CAT..

At first, when I got her, I ran around all over the small house, and played with her constantly, but I'm not as young as I was, and I had to quit running around so much. (I have tendinitis in both arms right now, from being on the computer and drawing too much.)in part, it might be because I don't constantly play with her, which she wants.

my family always had more than one At a time, and they slept together, and everything) cats do not like living alone with humans.with no other CATS.) I just cannot BE the active, playful, and Smelling like a cat, that my cat wants! I am about 66 or 67 years old, and I'm just not that physically active as a very young kid, who would constantly play with a Kitty.. Maybe if I were a child, who usually plays with the Cat All the time, it would be different.
However, I don't know if I
could replicate myself as to the SMELL of a cat, which is what she is going for now. ss in the house, So What Does That Say? She Wants ANOTHER CAT! So I guess I need some advice in this area. (I'm also going to ask my sister, who lives in another state, and has at least two, she would be an expert on this.

So what do you all think?

I know that some cats like to live alone, and I thought she wanted   
that. However,
since I don't play with her all the time, because
of physical stuff, especially right now, she is really really unhappy. And even if I play with her a lot, I still don't smell like a CAT. That's apparently what she wants. Another CAT COMPANION.(I forgot to mention, she wants my attention constantly all the time, and hates me being on the computer.) She is very emotionally needy.
Sorry
for making this so long; now my cat does have some bad habits
, if she doesn't like to be
petted, she will claw you badly, I can't cut her nails.
She scratches the furniture;she cannot stand to be picked up, and held, because veterinary bad experiences.she has a very nice very high, expensive, "cat tower". I always thought she would really hate having another Cat here. Now I'm not so sure! I would have to try out one or two cats, and see how they get along. I don't know whether to get a Kitty, or get a grown young cat. Somebody said, since she is fixed,  get a young male cat.. I wonder if she would like to have a little, young, KITTY, and act as her mother. So what does everybody think? I know this sounds like a nonimportant question, compared to all the others on the site, but my cat is so unhappy now.    
I look at her,
and reminds me of a comic book I read, where the

cat Was very unhappy, alone, and the owners

whispered to each

other "she is lonely lets get her another cat." Haw Haw.   

Please let me know what you think. I always thought she was a "lone cat," who couldn't stand any competition. But now I think she needs another feline companion in her life. All suggestions and advice are welcome. Thank you very much.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would consider adopting a cat from a shelter with an unlimited return policy in case it doesn't work out and that has cats that they know like other cats.  Then I would start with a careful introduction that starts with the new cat separated in a small room like a bathroom with food water and litter.  See the article below.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats