My Kitty Is Getting Fat! Why? What Should I Do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well like I said before our cat of 12 years Scarlet recently died of cancer and we've been taking it pretty hard, so he thinks that we're going to bring Kaia in and keep her in because she's a comfort to us and he doesn't want that he doesn't like cats too much. I tried reasoning with him but it dose t work out.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry that your cat died; that’s really hard. Not taking care of your other cat is not a reasonable option, though.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
What city are you in? If you are unable to provide her a safe place to have/raise her kittens then you may want to consider surrendering her to a rescue. Or spaying her now. It is a little counterintuitive to let her have her kittens outside, this time of year they will likely freeze (depending on where you are located) and if they do survive then you will have 5-6 more cats reproducing in your yard by the end of summer.

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I talked to my dad about it and he's letting me keep her inside now. Thank all of you now she's laying on my bed with me.:yess::purr:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well done. She will be a lot happier and safer now. Let us know how it goes and post some photos of the mum and kittens when the time comes.

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think our cats have fleas right now we just had a major freez and I haven't seen any on them plus I bathe them so I think she's good. I will post many pictures of the new borns and their mom!:heartshape::jive::dancingblackcat:

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha, she is. Well the vet only said that she got pregnant around or on New Years. So how long are cats pregnant for?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That must have been a good New Years Eve party she went to.
Cats are usually pregnant for 64 to 67 days so she will be due around 5th march.

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha, yeah the milk was flowin'! Awesome I'll post when they come!:dance: