My Kitty Is Crazy For Me:)

Krystal88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, my name is Krystal and I have 3 female cats. The first is kitty she’s The first cat I Adopted after years and years of not having a cat Because the last cat I had passed away and it was very heartbreaking I never thought I could do it again:( but to my surprise kitty Came into our lives and we completely fell in love with her!! The second is pepper, Pepper is one of kitty’s kittens from her 1st litter that we decided to keep because we thought it was so cute that she look just like her momma, And the third is baby, baby is one of kitties kittens from her second litter. Baby is with us because one of the families That adopted her couldn’t keep her, something about their children having allergies. We Told all the families that had adopted our kittens if they For some reason can’t keep the kitten to bring him or her back to us so we can find another home:) (btw, kitty got preggo 2 times because she wasn’t fixed at that time and snuck outside while the door was accidentally left open or was opened while she was sitting close to it) anyway now that u Have an idea of myself and my very crazy but adorable cats i can get to the reason why am writing, baby is the one I’m confused about!! She has always been very lovable and interacts with everybody very well!! but for some reason she’s very very close to me, like I mean she follows me around the house, she meows loud and long while she’s at my feet!!! only when she’s tired though... she also stands up and puts her paws on my knees like if she’s asking me to pick her up lol, Sometimes I do and she falls asleep in my arms! or when I’m really busy because I also have three daughters, 8,5,and 4 yrs old, I tell her to hold on, or not now, and she will just continue to follow me until I do, or until I sit down say to help my daughter with her homework, She will right away jump on my chest and fall sleep on my neck my kids think it’s the most hilarious thing because she won’t leave me alone! My youngest daughter sometimes cries and says that I love the cat more than her lol!! Don’t know if this is normal, or if it’s bad by giving into it. But the other two cats don’t do this! and knowing that kitty is babys mother makes me think why isn’t she like this with her own mom?? I read a lot of things that basically say the behavior a Cat shows is how they communicate with me, the ones I read also indicate that if your cat is constantly meowing or on top of you they can either be telling you that they love you, or they could be trying to tell you that they’re sick! That is no help those are two very different things and leaves me confused!! Now my husband’s getting annoyed that I’m constantly wanting to take her to the vet over and over just for them to tell me there’s nothing wrong with her and him having to pay for it hahaha!! She’s literally on my neck right now as I’m writing this! Purring away and on her back with her head hanging off one end and her feet under my chin!! Lol like really!! Is anybody else’s cat like this or is my cat turning into one of my children?? I uploaded a pic that was taken earlier:) that is BabyKins (nickname) on my neck! Hahaha

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats just demand attention and will settle for nothing less. I don’t think she is sick, just wants your attention. If you want to change her behavior so she spends less time on you you will need to put her down when she climbs in you and distract her with a toy or out her in a different room for a while.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, she's a little tortoiseshell, or "tortie," and they are famous for wanting what they want, when they want it, and will brook no refusal! I'm typing this one-handed because my own tortie keeps dragging my hand over to her ears, which MUST be adored just now!