My kitties as nap buddies

rogerf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Being retired I frequently have an opportunity for an afternoon nap. My two cats JJ and Salem see me going to the bedroom. When they do there is a jockeying for position as to who will snuggle against me, The favored position is my right armpit. JJ will not sleep anywhere else. Salem is more flexible. If the two are there Salem will snuggle on the left and JJ on the right. Both purring mightily. JJ prefers his head on my shoulder, Salem draped on my arm needing it. They stay until I get up (usually an hour). JJ Refuses to get up and gabs my arm to bring me back. Salem is a black short hair and JJ is an orange ring tail tabby. Both are rescue cats. Both follow me around all day so that I have a pose following me around all day. Both are neutered males. Is this typical cat behavior?

I will put some more things out here, because I want to get response from my fellow cat fanciers. If this breaks protocol let me know.

JJ has a habit of taking his toys and presenting them as "presents". When he does this as he is walking into the room he meows at full volume announcing his gift giving. He will bring them in and drop them at my feet or on the bed. Today he brought a leaf that had fallen off of a house plant and meowed his entrance.  I understand the gift giving but why does he have to announce it?

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try having a posse of 6 following you around the house.  Unless of course they're catnapping.  It's normal.  And announcing the gift  normal also.  It's like they're saying, "Hey, I've got something for you!"