My Kittens First Contact With Stray Looking Through A Window

kittykittykittykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a ground floor window in my bedroom my 7 month old kitten loves to look outside of but this morning a stray cat came to the window and my cat FREAKED out. I've never heard screams or crying in my life from my cat (Thankfully he didn't urinate or anything). The outdoor cat seemed calm and just staring at my cat freaking out. So I calmed my cat down and waited 5-10 minutes for the stray to leave from the window and hasn't been back for an hour or so now (It's as if it never happened since my cat is back to normal). This is the first time it's happened in months of owning him. I am worried though what are the chances the cat will come back and this would happen again? What kind of deterrents could I impose? Theres a bird feeder on my window but its been empty for a month or so, I dont believe that was the cause (maybe curiosity?). If it happens again, I may have to take his cat bed off the window even though I dont want to.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats cry and pound the window with their paws when they see the neighbors' cats through the window, but it's only because they want to play with them. Was your cat upset or just excited to see another cat?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a neighbours cat spraying at my catflap. After putting a large lemonade bottle filled with water to keep it in place he hasn't returned. Are you able to place a bottle on the outside under the window.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykittykittykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried bottles and even some tin foil on the window but the feral cat keeps coming back and sitting right outside the window (It happened again) and again my cat freaked out and its incredibly loud when he does it. I highly doubt he wants to play either he seems very agitated. I tried taking his cat perch away but he still climbs onto the window sill and claws at the curtains. I tried running out my door and splashing the cat with water but he got away before I even got close, so I ordered a ultrasonic cat repellent and hopefully that works.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can be evil and plant some thorny plants or bushes by your window ... then cut it to keep it short so your cat can still look out. I would be more curious on how the feral cats are getting into your yard and what they use. I would try eliminating those, if it is a big deal to you. You can also try shooing the feral away. Oh if bushes take up to much room you can try buying those spiky car floor mats and placing them spike side up in front of your window. *If you want birds year round you have to feed them year round.