My Kittens Are So Messy!!! Tips?

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey,
I recently took home a foster momma and her 7 kittens. Ive fostered in the oast but always small litters. These kittens are just starting to use the litter box but are super messy! Sometimes they poop in the box, sometimes near it, and other times nowhere near it lol. Also, the litter box needs to be low enough they can climb into it, but of course that means when momma uses it, the litter gets spread all over. So, I was wondering if anyone had any tips to keep the room cleaner? The floors are wood with cracks so all the litter is collecting in the cracks. I put a plastic mat under but it hasnt helped much. The kittens seem to think the matt is just an extension of the litter boxes. Any tips welcomed! TIA!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spread doggie pee pads all around the boxes. Easy clean up!

Also, put the kittens in the box a few times a day after meals so they get the idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I never even thought of pee pads, that would be prefect, thanks! I knew this was the place to ask :). I just put their food and water dishes on a boit tray to help contain some of the canned food mess too. These are some messy kittens! Their cuteness makes it worth it though ;)