My Kitten Won’t Poop

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last Tuesday my baby Nala unfortunately got attacked by 2 dogs, luckily she’s healing insanely fast. Our only concern is that she won’t poop, we’ve been trying everything. The vet prescribed us some Lactulose for her but it’s been about 4 days that she’s been on it and she has not pooped at all. So I called them back and they just told us to up the dosage, she will urinate in her litter box just fine but doesn’t look to be straining to poop or even trying. If you have any suggestions please help me out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you feeding canned or dry? I assume wet since dry can cause constipation. Fish oil should help
I’m feeding her tuna in water with some antibiotic powder (fortiflora) that the vet gave me! And I mix a few pieces of kibble in it too.

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
What is she eating?
Hi, right now I’m feeding her tuna and water mixed together with some antibiotic powered (fortiflora) sprinkled on top that the vet gave to me. Along with very few pieces of her dry food mixed in!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, right now I’m feeding her tuna and water mixed together with some antibiotic powered (fortiflora) sprinkled on top that the vet gave to me. Along with very few pieces of her dry food mixed in!
If you live in the US, petco has brands like weruva and soulistic pate in pumpkin. In the catfooddb.com you will find many brands like that and nutritional info

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she hasn't pooped yet, talk to the vet again. Hang in there!!
good afternoon! Nala has finally defecated and used her litter box all on her own again, just wanted to give a little update!

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you live in the US, petco has brands like weruva and soulistic pate in pumpkin. In the catfooddb.com you will find many brands like that and nutritional info
Hi, good afternoon! Nala has finally decided to defecate and used the litter box all on her own, just wanted to give an update to you!

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it Human edible tuna? Chicken-of-the-Sea? If so, there are numerous kitty health & vetinarian websites on the 'Net that warn against feeding kitties Human tuna, as there is insufficient oil and certain minerals which kitties' digestion require to assimilate the fish. Kitties develop an intestinal disease called "yellow gut", which eventually is fatal.

I used give my kitties Human tuna and I noticed that they all stopped pooping.

Now, once in a very long great while I'll give them a little bit of tuna, as they really love the taste.

Sincerely - Alpha_Kitty