My Kitten Was Stepped On!

awkwaka

Venus's Mom
Kitten
Purraise
My kittens name is Venus, and she's about a month and a half old. When her and her siblings were babies, the mom refused to take care of them so the others died, and she's the last one left.
My dad doesn't like cats, but he wants me to be happy so I bring her in the house throughout the day to warm her up and let her sleep on me. She's my baby. The other day she started drinking homogenized milk!
Today though, she was outside with her mother and I was upstairs, when I heard a cat cry.
I ran outside, and realized what had happened. My dad stepped on her, and she was on the ground convulsing. I kneeled down and started rubbing her stomach, chest, and legs.
Then, she just stopped. I picked her up and started kissing her cheeks, telling her she was gonna be okay. Then I set her down and she didn't walk again for another minute.
She drank milk today, but she cries when I touch her stomach and her gums are pale.
I can't take her to the vet, what can I do for her?
Also, she hasn't thrown up or had blood in her stool and the pictures were taken a day before, shes about the length of a size 6 foot.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hello - she is such a sweetheart!!
I would suggest to keep her warm, and as quiet as possible.

If you can, rub a little raw (Unprocessed) honey on her gums, it has healing properties.

If you can, ask your dad or whoever does the shopping to get goat milk - it is much better for kitties than cow milk. If goat milk isn't available, obtain some no-lactose cow milk.

Let us know how she does over the next few days, I'm praying for your baby to be able to overcome this!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

awkwaka

Venus's Mom
Kitten
Purraise
She slept through the night, and I checked her gums this morning and they were a lot pinker! I picked her up and she didn't cry when I touched her stomach, so I brought her outside and gave her to her mother for feeding.
She did have a nightmare though last night, and this morning her heartbeat was about 162 beats per minute. I think she'll be alright, just a little spooked.
Thank you so much for your advice and thoughts! :hearthrob:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, my goodness whew!!!

I've been thinking about her all this time. I'm SO glad to hear this, and will keep my fingers crossed that she continues to get over the scare and has no lasting effects physically or emotionally.

Thanks to your loving care she has every chance in the world to do just that :heartshape:

awkwaka

Venus's Mom
Kitten
Purraise
I wish I could bring her 100% inside, but my dad is highly allergic and the kitten's mom is outside for now as well. Also, yes I have been giving her cows milk, so far she hasn't had any diarrhea and her stomach hasn't been making weird noises.

We had a very bad flea problem about a month ago, so we put the cats outside until they clear up. So far I've been putting baby oil on Venus which has been killing her fleas. She'll cry anyway if you don't take her outside periodically.

I just had her inside a minute ago, and she only cried for me to put her outside. So far so good, and I haven't noticed any blood in her stool yet again, and she drank some milk and had some chicken. I'm going to bring her in in about an hour for bed. :)

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't give her cow milk. She can't digest it properly. Water is fine, or you can give goat milk or kitten milk replacer.

She will need to be vetted and spayed. Do you have resources in your area?

awkwaka

Venus's Mom
Kitten
Purraise
Even if I stop giving her cow milk, other people in my family will give her it because they don't listen to me.
Also, when I am able to move out and pay for things on my own, I will get her spayed and get her shots, but my family won't do it because it's "unnecessary to spend that kind of money" on a pet. Plus they don't have pet insurance. :(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? Nearest city will help. We might be able to help find free or extremely low cost resources. You will be overrun with inbred cats in no time if you don't get them some help.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if I stop giving her cow milk, other people in my family will give her it because they don't listen to me.
Also, when I am able to move out and pay for things on my own, I will get her spayed and get her shots, but my family won't do it because it's "unnecessary to spend that kind of money" on a pet. Plus they don't have pet insurance. :(
In Houston it is $35. Sometimes shelters will have a special where it's free. Family might change their minds after the kitten has a litter. I never had pet insurance. Even when my cat had ibd. Do a search for shelters in your area. Join next door and ask for recommendations about what you need help with. I was very lucky that a friend introduced me to her friend that does TNR. She took care of the vet bills. At that time I could not afford it and my parents wouldn't help

awkwaka

Venus's Mom
Kitten
Purraise
We have had plenty of cats, this is the mothers second litter. We have quite a few outside cats as we are in the process of getting rid of a different cats litter.