My Kitten Was Panting A Bit Today After Playing

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know that can be concerning so I got her a vet appointment for this afternoon, please keep your fingers crossed that she will be okay. I know they said she had a heart murmur but then they said it seemed to disappear. I'd say with panting even though it was slight it could be the heart murmur is back, that's my guess. I'm pretty scared due to losing pets all too soon in the past from bad diseases that would come on suddenly. I always have gotten my animals vet checkups and as soon as I'd notice something out of the ordinary I'd get them right in. I always be sure to give the best care that I can.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully she will have a good report from the vet. I would be scared too. I will keep her in my thoughts! do let us know what the vet says! :heartshape:

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ferro used to pant when he played as a kitten, but it was just because he played really hard. Lots of jumps and flips and twists. He's 4 now and doesn't go quite as hard. Hopefully your girl is just a really enthusiastic hunter! Hope to hear good things from the vet for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ferro used to pant when he played as a kitten, but it was just because he played really hard. Lots of jumps and flips and twists. He's 4 now and doesn't go quite as hard. Hopefully your girl is just a really enthusiastic hunter! Hope to hear good things from the vet for you.
Thanks and yeah she runs and runs and flips over, lots of hard playing

MillieKit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope that all will be well with her! Good luck for the vet visit.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panting is normal with hard play, I have a cat that pants too, when too warm. With a murmur it would be a good idea to be checked, some murmurs disappear when the cat gets older. An X-ray is inexpensive and can tell if there are any abnormalities or enlargement which if found could be looked at closer. I, myself, would not be alarmed with panting after exertion, panting with NO exertion would be alarming. All the luck!

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Panting is normal with hard play, I have a cat that pants too, when too warm. With a murmur it would be a good idea to be checked, some murmurs disappear when the cat gets older. An X-ray is inexpensive and can tell if there are any abnormalities or enlargement which if found could be looked at closer. I, myself, would not be alarmed with panting after exertion, panting with NO exertion would be alarming. All the luck!
Thank you so much! I'll keep everyone updated like I said and hopefully it's nothing serious.

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
almost every cat and kitten i've lived with panted after hard play. for that matter, so do i.

hope all is well with your kitten!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen, my three year old female tuxedo, pants like a fiend after playing with Da Bird. She jumps, flips, twirls; she's my very own little Kitty du Soleil performer!

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Her heart and lungs sound great! So yeah the vet just said if it would start happening a lot more frequently or she'd have longer panting sessions then bring her in and they'd do an x-ray.