My kitten suddenly became jumpy. Is she seeing something I can't?

kitkat008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new kitten Bella is a very sweet cat. One of her favorite favorite things was to snuggle up to me in bed. And that's the best thing ever to have a cuddly, purring cat beside you.but starting yesterday, when I tried to carry or call her to bed, she started backing up like she's scared of something I couldn't see. She started hissing like crazy at one corner of the bed and staring intently at something that's not there. It's my first time to experience something like this.I don't believe in ghosts but the fact that it was my late cat's favorite spot before she passed away keeps nagging at the back of my mind. I still believe though that there must be an alternative rational explanation for my kitty's weird and sudden behavior. I'd love to know your opinion.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just seeing this post.  How is your kitty now--is she back to herself or still scared of something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkat008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just seeing this post.  How is your kitty now--is she back to herself or still scared of something?
Hi there! Thanks for your concern. After about three days of the same behaviour, she's back to normal like nothing happened but I still can't get over the weird experience. I haven't changed beddings after the incident, made sure there were no small bugs about, but now she's acting like nothing weird happened. The environment has not been changed. She's snuggling up to me like she used to...she's got no fleas,(which I know from experience can make cats jumpy) so I still have no explanations for what happened. And another thing, she only ever had that behaviour inside the bedroom and not anywhere else during that three days.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I'm very glad to hear she's back to normal.  It's always worrisome when our kitties are 'off' and we don't know what's wrong with them.  You will probably never know what happened during those three days.  Maybe she did see something you couldn't see.