My Kitten Meows At My Partner But Not Me !!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I posted a while back that my kitten / cat (she's 10 months now ) has never meows (only chirps and trills ). Well it transpires she does to my partner ! He even rang me today when I was at work and said how vocal she has become now she is getting big and she was meowing earlier ! When it's just her and me she's like a mute (apart from her trilling when she jumps down from something ). I'm quite offended and was even meowing to her when I came home from work ! I try to think on possitive that she doesn't need to as I automatically feed her breakfast, dinner and snacks, clean her litter, play with her and practically am her slave !!! Does she like him more than me ? :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...take a deep breath. Let me put it to you this way, do kids talk more to their mom, or to their friends? Yep. They talk more to their friends. But guess who they love more? And you hit the nail on the head. She doesn't need to meow at you. You're on top of things. My own precious Hekitty barely made a sound at me for the first seven long years. Then she slowly became more vocal, and now at nine, she chatters away at me all day long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahha yes she doesn't need to does she !! When I told him what you said he was like: yeah you do know when she might be hungry ! Apparently he came in from work and just put the tv on and didn't feed her until she meows ! I come in from work and that's the first thing I do !!

Last edited:

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats talk to their staff when they want something. Give me food, give me pets, save me from this dog/storm/shadow. Stop annoying me or I'll bite you...Don't look at me. Your cat sounds laid back and you sound like you have everything in hand :)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL we had a family cat that had 2 volumes. 1 for regular humans and 2 super LOUD for my hard of hearing stepdad ;) My guys hardly meow because they have no need. I pay attention to their bodies. Though lately Dante has been meowing when he thinks I'm taking to long to get my dinner and his since I usually do both at the same time :)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hahha yes she doesn't need to does she !! When I told him what you said he was like: yeah you do know when she might be hungry ! Apparently he came in from work and just put the tv on and didn't feed her until she meows ! I come in from work and that's the first thing I do !!
LOL...when I was growing up, a neighbor's son didn't talk until he was almost 4. Finally, his pediatrician told his mom, "If you don't stop anticipating his every want and need, he won't talk till he hits college!" She quit giving him everything before he could need to ask, and he was talking up a storm in 6 weeks.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sits by her food bowl and hubby thinks she has found a new spot to hang out !!! Haha I'm like why else would she sit there

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 4 cats. Our 4 year old male is a daddy's kid and does not talk much to my hubby. I feed the cats. Apollo has a very specific meow that sounds like my like he is swearing at you. If he can see an empty spot in his food bowl I hear about it. He does not do this to hubby when I am at work. He also does this too me on my days off when hubby goes to work. This meow is only used with hubby if he runs late coming home from work.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She sits by her food bowl and hubby thinks she has found a new spot to hang out !!! Haha I'm like why else would she sit there
Sometimes they can be so clueless! But then, at other times, they are right on point, so I'll give them that.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update : she's defintely getting us both going. She still doesn't meow at me ... She's just being sat in the other room with hubby talking away at him , I walk in she stares and goes mute! Did this a couple of times. The last time I hid around the corner so she couldn't see me and I heard her !!! What an earth !!!

Last edited: