My kitten manipulates me.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From the word go my 9 month old female has manipulated me. She was a feral I found her in my backyard. She was about 2 months old when I brought into my home and I had been feeding her outside for about 2 weeks.
The first night I brought her in she ran under one of my couches scrunched herself in at the back of the couch and hid there. Immediately she began desperately crying. This went on for about and hour. I went and lied next to her, let her smell my hand, patted her and sung her to sleep(yeah I'm a soft touch).
After about an hour and a half I hear the desperate meowing again. I let her go for a little while so as not to scare her but after 15 minutes I look under the couch. What do I see... she not scrunched in a small desperate ball anymore she calmly splayed out cleaning herself only stopping every few seconds to let out the " desperate" meow.
I watched her for a couple of minutes until she saw me, scrunched herself into a ball and started pretending to be scared. I said to her "give it a rest you little bull$h&t artist" and she stopped. After only a couple of minutes she started having a wonder around.
So from the word go she seemed to have manipulation downpat. Probably playin me since I first saw her, little sh#&.
Anyone else got any stories of their manipulative little so and so's.

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some kitties really own you, not the other way around

My cat Shadow who was orphaned and has been with me since she was only a couple weeks old is the sweetest yet most manipulative kitty I have ever known. I love her and all of her little quirks but she owns me, she knows what she wants and makes sure she gets it lol She is very needy and clingy yet has a very dominant personality. Whenever I am home she is always by my side or sleeping on me. She used to think she owned me to the point that she would not allow my other cats to cuddle with me without getting jealous and acting out. She has the nickname "meow master" because she meows so loudly and incessantly whenever she wants something and will not stop until she gets it lol. She wakes me up meowing when she wants to play or just wants me out of bed. If I am not there to give her the attention she needs and wants, she will try to make my cat Treasure give her attention. When she was a kitten she was the bully of the house and always got mad if she wasn't the center of attention all of the time. She would actually get aggressive with my cat Treasure when she was a kitten if Treasure wouldn't cuddle with her, play with her or allow her to groom her. Now Treasure gets along really well with her but sometimes I think that's just because Treasure tolerates her more and gives in.

Last edited: