My kitten looks like a siamese?

abiel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
Just was wondering what breed this kitten is?or how it will look when he's older? It looks like a siamese but I don't think it's a siamese.The mom is a bi color Tuxedo

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello everyone!
Just was wondering what breed this kitten is?or how it will look when he's older? It looks like a siamese but I don't think it's a siamese.The mom is a bi color Tuxedo
The other kitten, its a littermate?

They dont need to have pointed "siamese-mix" parents to be points.  Its enough the parents are carriers of the point gene.  The gene is recessive by itself, ie, the carrier of one singel gene is no point, all other genes are stronger.

But doubled up, one from ma, one from pa, it becomes quite strong and gives the kitten the outer appearance of a point, often a old type siamese look alike.  (as here).

If the other tabby kitten is a littermate, we know therefore the dad was a  tabby.

Our kittens is a Seal (=black) point, he will be  darker on the body with time.      Do I see right, he seems also to be a tabby too, having the M on his forehead?  Tabby is called for lynx in points.

So he may even by  Lynx seal point...    But if I see wrong, forget about the rant about lynx here on him.

At this moment he seems to be shorthaired, with just some kitten fuzziness.  The exact fur lengh we will see when he gets older.

How is it, are his forelegs very short, or are they just tucked under him?

Good luck!

Last edited: