My kitten licked salad dressing

Majin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I've been frantically googling but it doesn't seem anyone has had their kitten eat 1000 island dressing so I made an account here to post this.
My kitten is 12 weeks old and just now got into the garbage bag; I got to him really fast but he still got a lick or two of some thousand island dressing that was on a plate in the garbage.I'm extremely worried because the one thing I did find was that dressing can be poisonous to cats.

I do have a vet visit on Thursday but that's still a bit away and I was hoping anyone might have any insight/advice and would know if he'll be alright. He's acting fine now but new Mom worries still.

Thank you for any help, truly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Majin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
stephanietx stephanietx Thank you so much for the reply. The relief you've just given me is indescribable!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been there. I have a cat who loves human food. So far, nothing has harmed her, but I've learned to put a lid on the trash can and my food away from her little paws and mouth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Majin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, no more lids off for me either lol. Majin Buu will eat anything and everything you let near him!