My Kitten Is Shedding??

sloanie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so I've been having my kitten (3 months) sleep is my room and she is very cuddly and sweet but i wake up to these dark brown flakes all over my bed. Is it just excess from the letterbox? or is there something wrong with her? Ps. she is an indoor cat
IMG_20181028_073124.jpg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you gone thru her fur to check all the skin to see if there are any scabs and such?
What kind of litter are you using?
Is there something in your house that that she likes to lay on, or scratch at that is painted that could be peeling? I can't really tell what that stuff is but a couple of the flakes look like peeled paint....sort of. IDK. Sorry not much help.:dunno:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought of something else, does she have really loose poop? I wonder if it's dried poop coming off her paws if she steps in it. But I would assume litter would be stuck on her as well, depending on the type of litter you use.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks to be multiple things (litter, scabs, and ???). Like those who responded above, check his skin/fur, and see if you can find any of the same matter in his litter box. Also, see if you can find of the same stuff in or around his water dish and food bowl. If he has certain hang outs, make sure he hasn't dragged/hidden something in there to munch on that he shouldn't be eating.

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that looks like it could be fabric or paper too...is there something she likes to play with that could be peeling apart?