my kitten is not eating raw chicken :(

cwit enzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

i have a 5 months old kitten
, she was a stray when i found her 2 months ago. i am feeding her royal canins wet and dry food. but from the time i joined this page i was thinking to switch her to raw food
. since i am pure vegetarian so i asked some tips in feeding her. she liked raw egg yolks, but not the chicken. i got her a liver and heart but she didn't eat it. she tasted a little and then left. i tried some more times but did not help. one more thing is that, she wants to eat the chappatti that we eat, so i am really confused that being a carnivores she should be eating meat and not bread
. please help me, how do i make her eat chicken.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm surprised the kitten didn't take immediately to raw food. Have you tried mixing a little of the chicken in with her wet food? If that works, just gradually increase the amount of chicken while decreasing the amount of wet until she's eating all chicken. Same with liver and heart. Oh, and some cats love liver and some hate it. You might also want to try dicing the chicken into smaller bits and gradually increasing the size as she gets used to it. Oh, and since she likes the raw egg yolks, you could try adding some diced chicken into that. There are also toppers you can try, but I would try the above first since it's easy for some cats to get addicted to the toppers.

Oh and about the chappatti, she's a kitten and likely curious about everything. Plus, there are cats who do like bread type items even though they can't really utilize it. She might just like the flavor of it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah:

I have a cat that loves bread. :lol3: We can no longer store bread on the counter, it has to go in the cabinet. :rolleyes:

If you didn't cut it up into small pieces, I would definitely try that. And as vball91 points out, it often helps to mix the new food being offered into the old food. My cats didn't recognize raw meat as food at first. :lol3:

When I first offered my cats the two smaller pieces of a chicken wing, I had to cut each one up into thirds, and the meat from breast or thigh, I had to basically mince. So if you haven't tried that, give it a try!