My Kitten Is Being Bizarre

Jvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
https://thecatsite.com/media/cd201acd-3a90-4257-b54e-4ac34ffc16ea.420771/
My male 12wk kitten goes up to my 6 month kitten who is a male and rub his face in his belly, I think looking for a nip. He usually does this when he wakes up from a nap, he’ll wake up meow like crazy and run over to my other cat and start doing this. I’ll pick him up and put him in front of his food and he starts eating because I guess he’s hungry. But why is he still doing this. He weighs 3 lbs and the vet says he’s 12 weeks so he’s a healthy weight but he just doesn’t go to his bowl. Will he learn?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may still want to nurse his mom? Just a guess. Some kittens will try to nurse other cats, or dogs if they were weaned to early, or just need comfort. some will even nurse on a toy, or blanket. He may be hungry, and he may just need some comfort, you taking him to the bowl, and being there with him may be comforting?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, he's so cute. Yeah, he's probably missing his mommy. When I found Demi, he was about 6 weeks old and he would suck on my shirt. Now he's 3 years old and he still sucks on his blanket.