My Kitten Has Fever, Mouth Sore! Help Please

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello,

I have two kittens. 3 month and 2 month olds. Big one has fever for 2-3 days now. He has swollen lypmh nodes. And I found out he has a sore like herpes on left side bottom lip. Besides this he is very energetic. He eats, plays and normal poop. I took him to the vet. He didnt say nothing about the lip sore but he said he has some fever and swollen lypmh node. He gave me amoxicillin for 5 days for bacterial infection. Do you think its herpes? Do my other cat seems fine but have some watery nose. (very playful and eats a lot) could he transmit his sore to his brother? They play nonstop! Bites, scratchs eachother! I am so worried here is a picture of his mouth.

CCA90D6A-8F9A-49A5-B992-D34E02952540.jpeg

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I was going to say calicivirus, but with that location it could be an injury too.

If it's calicivirus, you just have to provide supportive care until his body can deal with it. The antibiotics will help him not develop a secondary infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I was going to say calicivirus, but with that location it could be an injury too.

If it's calicivirus, you just have to provide supportive care until his body can deal with it. The antibiotics will help him not develop a secondary infection.
I reas herpes and calicivirus sypmtoms but besides this he eats,drinks plays a lot very energetic he runs the whole house with his brother. Besides all o f this his swollen lypmhs are most I concern :( Also I am concerning about the other cat which they bite eachother a lot during playtime. But he has this sypmtoms since saturday. And this lip thing has been there for 2-3 days. Other cat shows no sypmtoms at all

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Since he is still a relatively small kitten, I would want a vets opinion, especially if he isn’t eating and is running a fever.

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since he is still a relatively small kitten, I would want a vets opinion, especially if he isn’t eating and is running a fever.
I took him to the vet. He gave some antibiotics he thinks its viral but he said we eliminate secınd infections since he is low immunity. He eats a lot. He plays nothing change but just fever and bottom lip is red like sore :(

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is using antibiotic for 2 days now. But he has still 2 lumps under his chin/neck which vet said it was kind of lypmh node. He is still playful, he is eating regularly and drinking. No problem except this lumps and his bottom left side of lips is peeling, red, inflamed it look like coldsore without blisters :( what to do? I believe vet doesnt know much about this ( he works in the biggest animal hospital )

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a spider or wasp/bee sting too. That could cause lymph node swelling too. Make sure he gets enough food and water down and taking those antibiotics is critical. I'm not too sure he shouldn't have received an injection of steroids and/or an antihistamine. I would seek a second vets opinion or return him to the first, he looks sore. As long as he is eating/drinking that is a good sign that he will recover. All the luck and keep us posted on what you find!

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be a spider or wasp/bee sting too. That could cause lymph node swelling too. Make sure he gets enough food and water down and taking those antibiotics is critical. I'm not too sure he shouldn't have received an injection of steroids and/or an antihistamine. I would seek a second vets opinion or return him to the first, he looks sore. As long as he is eating/drinking that is a good sign that he will recover. All the luck and keep us posted on what you find!
He is eating and drinking and playing very actively. I will wait untill antibiotics finishs and took him to another vet. Do you think could be his tonsils? Besides lymph nodes. He didnt get any injections just antibiotics

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't forget stomatitis. If the antibiotics don't work, I'd ask about this.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Two days later its bursting like herpes?
Goodesss. No, that doesn't sound like stomatitis. That's good news. Stomatitis is chronic. This sounds like an infection, something that can be cured. Any eye drainage at all?

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Goodesss. No, that doesn't sound like stomatitis. That's good news. Stomatitis is chronic. This sounds like an infection, something that can be cured. Any eye drainage at all?
You mean watery eyes? If you mean that no.
But he has some

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry sent it early.

He has some nasal mucus. But I dont think he has blocked nose which is good but fever insisting even with antibiotics. Vet thinks viral related but he said he is to small for blood work? :(

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One last thing, what do you think about that 2 lumps on his neck? When I touch lumps are moves and he is not disturbed about my touch. Vet said lypmh nodes but internet says lypmhs wont move?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They can move, at least in people. I was feeling my husband's when he was sick last week. Had to chase them a little. That's normal. Bear in mind I know more about human medicine in cats, but what you read online isn't always right. I can verify that one.

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They can move, at least in people. I was feeling my husband's when he was sick last week. Had to chase them a little. That's normal. Bear in mind I know more about human medicine in cats, but what you read online isn't always right. I can verify that one.
Oh I understand. What else could be besides lymph? Could be tonsils?