My Kitten Has A Large Bump On His Nose?

The Animal lover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have a kitten and he is just a few months old and he has a large bump on his nose he is our little boy and we really confused at what it is he has short stubby legs and seems to act a little bit different like he has autism or something.. I did a bit of research and it hasn't been decided if cats can have autism or not but he just acts like it.

He is really clumsy and stumbles around alot. He is perfectly healthy and he eats and drinks water regularly. His nose doesn't bleed only the occasional booger. He isn't in any kind of pain nor when we touch it or squeeze it gently. The bump is also hard at the top and squishy all around.

I am trying to figure out what may be wrong with him or if he is just a bit deformed. Thank you for any suggestions. It isn't too noticeable from the top but very viewable at the side. I'll add some pictures.
15314266003581996098872.jpg
1531426726852348319808.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are just so many things that could cause this, from an insect bite, to an abscess, a lipoma, or even a tumor. I would suggest getting a vet to check him out, just to be safe. Also, make notes about his motor issues, and other things that make you think of "autism" in his behavior. That may be a key to it all. And PLEASE let us know how this kitten is doing. We worry!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Thank you for posting. What is your cat's name?

Stumbling and clumsiness make me think of cerebellar hypoplasia, which affects a cat's ability to walk normally without falling over. Autism causes mental and social problems in addition to physical issues like clumsiness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Animal lover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and thank you for welcoming me. Thank you for the suggestion I will look into it. I'm trying to bring him into the vet fairly soon so I will suggest that to them when I bring him in. Also because you asked his name is Cow because he is on the cubbier side and has a pattern that is like a cow's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Animal lover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Mamanyt1953! Thank you for so may suggestions this really helps me out! I am trying to get him to the vet asap. I will ask them about these when I am able to bring him in. I have looked up a bit about a tumor but, they don't seem to be as big as a bump. I will let you know soon how he is doing and what his condition his! ❤

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks. And Daisy6 Daisy6 is right, your kitten may have cerebellar hypoplasia, also called "Wobbly Kitten Syndrome." Not to fear, he can live a long, happy and otherwise healthy life with this. Just make his environment as safe as possible for him if this is the case.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Shouldn't it be called wobbly cat syndrome? Cats don't outgrow it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've seen articles with either or both. So long as "wobbly" is in there, I guess we are good.

cassyyymichele

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh!! I have an orange tabby (3 years old) who has a slightly raised nose almost exactly like that!! He's perfectly healthy and I just always thought of it to be a unique gene

Hello. I have a kitten and he is just a few months old and he has a large bump on his nose he is our little boy and we really confused at what it is he has short stubby legs and seems to act a little bit different like he has autism or something.. I did a bit of research and it hasn't been decided if cats can have autism or not but he just acts like it.

He is really clumsy and stumbles around alot. He is perfectly healthy and he eats and drinks water regularly. His nose doesn't bleed only the occasional booger. He isn't in any kind of pain nor when we touch it or squeeze it gently. The bump is also hard at the top and squishy all around.

I am trying to figure out what may be wrong with him or if he is just a bit deformed. Thank you for any suggestions. It isn't too noticeable from the top but very viewable at the side. I'll add some pictures.
View attachment 241706 View attachment 241707

e.lizzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like this thread was a while ago, but my car is the same, an orange longhair tabby. His nose is slightly raised, and is very much more clumsy than his sister. He’s healthy and happy though!