My Kitten Goes From Top Of My Bed To Under My Bed.

hp811hyg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm just very curious. I have a 5 months kitten and I adopted her about 2 months ago. She's very playful and follows me around the house corner to corners. When I'm home, I mostly stay in the computer desk and my kitten likes to seat and rest top of my bed cover which is right next to the computer desk. She licks, tend to stare at me a lot and since bed is soft and cozy she sleep all day, that gets me entertained while I do my stuff. But past week or so she tends to go under my bed and rest there instead of resting top of my bed cover, any ideas? or is it simply she likes under the bed now? thank you.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are curious creatures. Something about under the bed is appealing to her right now. I wouldn't worry about it. My guys go from sleeping on the cat tree, to sleeping on me, to sleeping on the bed in the spare room, to sleeping on the couch, sometimes with each other and sometimes alone; it seems random to me but I am sure it makes sense in their kitty brains.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be she just likes it under your bed for now.

It's also possible that if you don't have A/C (air conditioning) and the temperature in your area has increased, the kitten is just hot and feels like it is cooler underneath the bed.

I don't know if the link will work, but here are the results of a search query here at TCS with threads about keeping kittens and cats cool in hot weather:
Search Results for Query: how to keep cats cool | The Cat Site[date]=1246172400

Another reason a kitten or cat could hide could be she doesn't feel well, so keep an eye on her just in case! Make sure she is playing, eating, using her litter box all as normal.
:loveeyes: