My kitten freaks out when I leave the house!!

sjnlilbit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, so whenever I leave to go to work or to the store, our oldest kitten SJ cries and acts out while I am gone.  We have another kitten that's only a month younger than her and a 2.5 year old dog at home so she has company, plus my boyfriend is normally home most of these times. If she's not crying, she's running through the house getting into everything and terrorizing the place!  When I get home though, she is a nice calm cat who is waiting on the end table for me to get inside.  What gives?? Lilbit doesn't do this at all, and I would expect her to have more attachment issues since she was bottle-fed for the first part of her life. Anyone else see this kind of behavior in animals with two pet parents?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just her personality. How old is SJ? I have 3 kittens - about 6 months old. Panda is quite vocal when she wants me. Her siblings do not meow as much but they are quite attached to me too. And the 3 spend all their waking hours "terrorizing" the place. 

I think SJ is calm when you get home because she used up most of her energy while you were away. 

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a monster too. She's crazy all the time. Knocking stuff over everywhere, opening cabinets, knocking over things in the cabinets, and throwing litter all over the bathroom. Sometimes she will grab things of the little end table. Not a minute after we clean up everything off the floor, she's back at grabbing stuff off the takes. One of her favorite things to do is follow you to the bathroom, then when you go to flush she sees if she can jump in before you close the lid. She's succeeded a couple times. Little stinker pot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjnlilbit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yayi: SJ just turned 7 months old this weekend, but I see now where this is probably just her personality.  She actually wasn't too vocal until about 2 months ago, and then she just started talking up a storm!  Now the only time she's not meowing or purring is when she sleeps. It's funny though, because when you reply back to her meows, she comes running to you.

rawrmonster: your baby knows how to open the cabinets too?!? that's just way too funny, SJ loves to do that in the kitchen more so than anywhere else.  Her and her sister also like to come in the bathroom when you're taking a bath and peek into the tub to see what's going on!  Thankfully they both are too scared to try and jump in the toilet

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[quote name="SJnLilbit" ]
rawrmonster: your baby knows how to open the cabinets too?!? that's just way too funny, SJ loves to do that in the kitchen more so than anywhere else.  Her and her sister also like to come in the bathroom when you're taking a bath and peek into the tub to see what's going on!  Thankfully they both are too scared to try and jump in the toilet
[/quote]

She learned that from Zeppelin. Zeppelin will contemplate jumping in the tub with you. But he's been declawed so it wouldn't be too bad.