My Kitten Clyde

Kitten3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten has had a stuffy nose nasal discharge n his right eye is watery took him to the vet last tuesday gave him antibiotics n vitamin but hes not eating ive tried everything i even have a humidifier next to him please if u know something i dont tell me im worried bout him thank you

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has he shown any improvement since the vet appointment? If not, you may want to take him back because he should have improved some since then.

For now, try offering the smelly foods. The smellier the better. Tuna (packed in water no seasoning or Fancy Feast broths or Purely treats) is a good option for the smelly food that will tempt a sickie. You can also try human meat baby food (Stage 2 Gerber or the like, with no onion or garlic) as another option. Cats, especially kittens, shouldn't go more than 24 hours without eating something. If he truly hasn't eaten anything in more then 24 hours you do need to go back to the vet. At the very least he may need some supportive care to help him get through the illness.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have your had your kitten? It's pretty common for kittens to develop upper respiratory infections soon after you bring them home, and sometimes they need antibiotics.

But until you can get an appointment with the vet, you might try warming up your kitty's food. That helps to bring out the aroma of the food, and be more likely to tempt his appetite. But not hot. Just kinda warmish, like baby bottle warm. Or you might do what we do. Our cats are feed on a schedule, so sometimes I'll just put a can of food in one of the front pockets on my jeans about an hour or so before feeding time, and my body heat will make it all nice and warm. :)

Or you might try baby food just to get some calories into him right now, like Gerber 2nd Foods Chicken and Gravy, or Beech-Nut Classics Chicken and Chicken Broth. Just don't get anything with garlic or onion, as those are toxic to cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitten3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive had him for six months now ive tried warming it he turns his face to it the only thing hell take is the water out of a tuna can n he stays in one spot the only time he gets up is when he gets a drink of water or uses bathroom other than that he looks miserable he did perk up a little bit while i was giving meds he just lays down and sleeps

Kitten3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive got another cat n shes his sister n she doesnt have any problems

Kitten3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes i notice his breathing is more constant saw online to count how many breathes within 15 sec n then multiply that number by 4 it said cats should have 20 to 30 breathes per min but his was over